Ideas for the table

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

sotal
Supreme Being

Ideas for the table

Post by sotal » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:41 pm

We have a mid conversion which works fantastically for us, the one bit that doesn't always work so well is the table.

We have a rail across the front of the kitchen which allows it to be placed pretty much anywhere along that front edge, but it does get in the way a little. We use it there some of the time but would like a bit more in the way of options on where else it could be used.

It would be nice to have some way of putting it up in the awning but obviously it only has one leg. I don't want a rail on the outside of the bongo but has anyone found some way of using it out there?

The other place I'd like to use it is off the end of the kitchen, so that it extends the worktop to the right of the kitchen. This would be easy to do by adding a rail to the end but I could do with a height adjustable leg which could reduce to be the right height to sit on the seat base. I was thinking it might be easiest just to add a second shorter leg to achieve this. Has anyone tried anything like this?

Our conversion is a Southern Bongos conversion if you need to see what I mean by the current layout...
http://www.southernbongos.co.uk/midconversions.html

The table is the same width as the kitchen top and fits nicely over the seat - it just needs the rail and a shorter leg. What do you think to this idea?
philpdr
Tribal Elder

Re: Ideas for the table

Post by philpdr » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:07 pm

How about a rail on the end and the fixing brackets along the side of the table to make an L shape?You could probably use the leg as it is then,might need a cross piece on the bottom of the leg for extra stability though.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:11 pm

I made a table that could be used inside or outside the van, and then stores on the rear of the seat.

Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:15 pm

I made up a couple of wooden posts to fit the table on to the bike rack/tow bar fitting and sit outside under the tailgate.
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Simon Jones wrote:I made a table that could be used inside or outside the van, and then stores on the rear of the seat.

Hi Simon, where did you get the clips/corners to store the table?
Do what you like.Like what you do.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:45 pm

Hi Stu, they came from a supplier at a motorhome show. Don't recall their details but I know grey ones are so much harder to find that brown ones. They are out there if you have a trawl around a few websites.
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:08 pm

Cheers I'll have a scout around. Good idea!
Do what you like.Like what you do.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:21 pm

Just found a complete set with the toggles to retain the table: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Campervan-Tab ... Swqu9VEZX1
dnitu001
Bongonaut

Post by dnitu001 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Hello Simon

Thanks for the photo and the link just ordered some.

Excellent. All the way around the NEC last week and found none

Cheers
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:54 pm

You tend to get those sort of interesting fittings and accessories at the regional shows like Shepton Mallet and Newbury. I was at the NEC too. Saw a few nice vans but all out of my current budget.
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:05 pm

Simon Jones wrote:You tend to get those sort of interesting fittings and accessories at the regional shows like Shepton Mallet and Newbury. I was at the NEC too. Saw a few nice vans but all out of my current budget.
Current budget? Short of winning the Lotto, anythingthing of interest is 3 times the price I paid for my first house..

Derek

(grumpy old git).
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:26 pm

This is the best table man
http://www.chippysworkshop.co.uk/
Top quality and a true gent too

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”