I hope i am welcome here

For all owners and afficionados of Mazda Bongo Friendees and Ford Fredas based outside of UK or Ireland.

Moderators: helen&tony, Ian

stephenpic69

I hope i am welcome here

Post by stephenpic69 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:42 pm

Good day to all.Im a new member here, but had my Bongo for over a year now. Im from the philippines and guess what, there are lots of nice bongos here as well in our country(not to mention way cheaper than the ones you have there). Since i bought my bongo, i never had any major problem(yet) with it and its very affordable to maintain. Its the regular maintenance and the regular use of coco bio diesel-i guess is the key factor to it. Sad though we dont have any club here for bongo owners. I hope i am welcome here and all of you guys can accommodate my future querries.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:49 pm

Welcome to the madhouse. I bet you pay a lot less for your coco diesel than we pay for the normal stuff here.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
stephenpic69

Post by stephenpic69 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:12 pm

francophile our coco bio diesel here costs P60/liter that would be .60/liter in your currency. And repair costs as well way way cheap(in a good way).
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:22 pm

Stephenpic
Welcome :D
We do however have an International Forum.You could always start Your own section off in the Philippines, tell other owners about it and get them posting on here.
Do You acknowledge one another like We do in the UK whilst out on the road?

Cheers Dabongo
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
stephenpic69

Post by stephenpic69 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:41 pm

thanks Dabongo and franco too-i will try to encourage others that i know who owns one as well-but with regards to acknowledging others on the road???have'nt tried that one yet ...
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:49 pm

Welcome stephenpic.
Maybe we could start an international exchange system where we exchange house and Bongo for holidays :lol:
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:05 pm

Welcome stephenpic - great to see the global Bongo network expanding. Maybe you could start an export business to UK for coconut oil!

Mike
mellyarnold

Hope i am welcome

Post by mellyarnold » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:05 pm

Welcome Stephen, great to hear from someone so far away, is your bongo converted? are they converted in the Phillipines? :P
stephenpic69

Post by stephenpic69 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:21 am

Thanks everyone-dandy if ever you get the chance to travel in my side of the planet...no need to bring your bongo.I can let you use my bongo; but just be sure to condition your mind to drive at the right side of the road :lol: no worry about the house either...i can have you spend a week in my beach house(for free)...in excess of that...you have to pay(dont mix frienship with business too much) :lol:

Mike-have'nt thought of that one yet,dont know the restrictions in your country but in my country-coco bio diesel is being promoted and encouraged-thats why they made it cheap.(mind you this is not a used oil-but rather a pure virgin coconut oil extract and processed for auto use.
Melly-yes all bongos here are converted(with a one year warranty on the conversion),not different from any other brand new vans here in terms of driveability(and very cheap as well). I had mine a little over a year now and no major problem whatsoever(especially the conversion-as long as you get it from a very reputable importer).

MABUHAY-from me to all of you :wink:
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:25 am

When you say converted, do you mean converted to run on coco oil, or converted to sleeping and kitchen units?

Also, we have a member already in the Phillippines. His name is Rudy and he is the Chief of Police in Tarlac City.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:22 pm

Ian wrote:When you say converted, do you mean converted to run on coco oil, or converted to sleeping and kitchen units?

Also, we have a member already in the Phillippines. His name is Rudy and he is the Chief of Police in Tarlac City.
I wonder if Chief Plod is paying his tax on the coco fuel - maybe he been speaking to David Edwards :lol:
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:26 pm

stephenpic69 wrote:Thanks everyone-dandy if ever you get the chance to travel in my side of the planet...no need to bring your bongo.I can let you use my bongo; but just be sure to condition your mind to drive at the right side of the road :lol: no worry about the house either...i can have you spend a week in my beach house(for free)...in excess of that...you have to pay(dont mix frienship with business too much) :lol:

Mike-have'nt thought of that one yet,dont know the restrictions in your country but in my country-coco bio diesel is being promoted and encouraged-thats why they made it cheap.(mind you this is not a used oil-but rather a pure virgin coconut oil extract and processed for auto use.
Melly-yes all bongos here are converted(with a one year warranty on the conversion),not different from any other brand new vans here in terms of driveability(and very cheap as well). I had mine a little over a year now and no major problem whatsoever(especially the conversion-as long as you get it from a very reputable importer).

Thanks for the offer Stephen...... even a Scot might think of staying for an additional week :wink:
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
stephenpic69

Post by stephenpic69 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Ian what i meant when i said converted is conversion from right hand drive to left hand drive. When you drive on our roads here you stay on the right side of the road. Also, if we opt to use coco diesel here no need to convert or add any gadget in the bongo-just pour coco diesel in fuel tank and off you go. I have not seen any conversion of bongo here to sleeping or kitchen units. Well thats nice to hear that there is already a filipino member here aside from me. Tarlac though is a very far place from where i am.Best regards to all.

Stephen

DemonAV
Bongolier

Post by DemonAV » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:39 pm

stephenpic69, at you Mazda Bongo Friendee or Mazda Bongo? I correctly understand your car already with left hand drive? You could send me a photo of your car and a photo in interior and under a cowl. Details of alteration interest, how many it costs at you?
Russian Mazda Friendee Club
http://www.mazdafriendee.ru
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:53 pm

Welcome stephenpic69. Happy Bongoing. Have you any pics of your Bongo or come to that pics of your lovely part of the world you live in?
Get a Life ,Get a Bongo. !!!

Return to “International”