Rear thermal screen

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

bongowight
Bongonaut

Rear thermal screen

Post by bongowight » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi got a set of thermal window screens when I bought the van for the windscreen and front doors, the tailgate window has a set of curtains but they don't seem to block out much sun so would like to get an extra thermal screen for the tailgate, anyone know where I could buy one on its own rather than spending 60 for a set I don't need?
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Re: Rear thermal screen

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:14 pm

Make your own,strip of silver bubble wrap (insulation from diy store) ,cut to size.

I made a set for all my windows on my tintop for £14

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Scratch
Bongolier

Post by Scratch » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:38 pm

I bought the rear thermal screen from the club shop. No need to buy the set and it doesn't fall off.
Kern0wsan
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Kern0wsan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:03 pm

I also made my own as I couldn't find Rear Only - Slightly Jealous of Bongoplods 14squid though!

I opted for Thermal screen material and suction pads from http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/scree ... s-49-c.asp. Only needed 1metre as it was 1.6 m wide. Cut to size and had plenty left over to so the side windows too ( only 1 side as other side is covered by an awning). To tidy the edges I used Gaffer tape of the same colour, looks most professional. Got to love that gaffer tape!

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”