Reversing seats to make bed with front seats

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

munroman
Tribal Elder

Reversing seats to make bed with front seats

Post by munroman » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi, after buying a Bongo with a middle conversion, and having a few trips away, we have decided to go for a rear side kitchen, similar to the factory kitchen.
We plan to visit Bongospares in a couple of weeks to pick up middle seat and rails. We would then like to end up with a rear facing middle seat, which forms a bed with the front seats, with a Comfortz Leisure mattress topper.
I already have floor rails, but no sliders.
I'm a bit confused as to what way round the rails need to be, ideally I would like the rails the correct way round to mate up with the front seats before going to George's, so we can use the new seat as a bed straight away.
Can anyone spell out for me exactly what way round the rails should go for this arrangement, at the moment the pins which hold the track in are at the rear?

Thanks for all advice in advance!
When asked about Western Civilisation, Ghandi said 'that would be a good idea'...
teenmal
Supreme Being

Re: Reversing seats to make bed with front seats

Post by teenmal » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi you need to change the rotation of the sliders to keep them mated to the original way they are fitted to the runners.
munroman
Tribal Elder

Post by munroman » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:45 pm

teenmal wrote:Hi you need to change the rotation of the sliders to keep them mated to the original way they are fitted to the runners.
Thanks, hopefully everything will slot into place at Bongo Spares on Saturday! ☺
When asked about Western Civilisation, Ghandi said 'that would be a good idea'...
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:34 am

If you are looking for somewhere closer to home in the future a company in Motherwell/Mossend are breaking lots of bongos at the moment.

Good Luck.
munroman
Tribal Elder

Post by munroman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:25 am

teenmal wrote:If you are looking for somewhere closer to home in the future a company in Motherwell/Mossend are breaking lots of bongos at the moment.

Good Luck.

Thanks, it gave us an excuse to get to Yorkshire, plus I'm having issues with my AFT, so I thought some expert advice would be useful, also another club I'm in have a meeting at Gretna on Sunday, so 3 birds with one stone hopefully!

Cheers

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”