Moving On

Grahame at work
Bongolier

Re: Moving On

Post by Grahame at work » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I haven't been around on here much lately, just very occasionally pop in to check how you are all getting on.
So supprised to find The Gordons moving on - I thought I saw their Bongo in the works carpark last week - must have been the week before - I'm only working 3 days a week now so the work week zips by even quicker these days :D
Good luck Paul & Annette in your new van.

Anyway I now have to admit to researching for my own Bongo replacement :oops: not sold our Bongo yet - probably next spring when the pension tax rules change :? so I can afford the replacement.
We cannot decide on what future camping we will be likely to be doing - ours is not converted and we have only managed 3 nights camping this year :roll: so we may give up on the idea of a camper van as such and go for something we could sleep in at a push but otherwise something that gives us all the other functionalities of a Bongo.

The main contender for replacement at the moment is a Toyota Alphard 8) anyone seen any around these parts? I haven't so getting to see one in the flesh has not been easy so far.
Anyway I'll let you know what I eventually do.

As Paul said - the support from the Fury community has always been fantastic and the few occasions that we joined you at meets were great times - so I too will miss you all if and when I go.
I shall probably renew membership once more so that I can claim the 10 years as a member =D>

Regards To All

Grahame
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Think a couple of people on here have gone for them toyota alphards
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:04 pm

My Hybrid Alphard arrives next month .. Still not seen one in the flesh myself yet ..

Got the fluid for the CVT box .. oil .. filter .. plugs .. hand books ..

Maybe hold onto my Bongo until next spring ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
The_Gordons
Bongolier

Post by The_Gordons » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Grahame,

I remember picking your brains when we were looking for our Bongo :lol:

The Alphard certainly looks nice in the pictures. Wellhouse Leisure are bringing Alphards into the UK. Can't remember if we saw one when we visited them earlier in the year. Direct Campers in Kilmarnock show on there website that they have Alphard in stock.

Paul
Bongo replaced by Wellhouse Terrier
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:00 am

Wellhouse Leisure Alphard conversions with a pop up top, tend to be around the £22.000 to £28.000 mark ..

Must say they look really nice ..

JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Grahame at work
Bongolier

Post by Grahame at work » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:03 am

Yes those converted Alphard do look nice - but we decided a while ago that we couldn't justify such costs for the amount of camping we would actually do in a given year. And one of the main reasons for an uncovered Bongo was our regular need to carry grandchildren + parents = 5 + us so at least 7 seats needed 8)
And our 8th grandchild was due yesterday so that requirement isn't going away :D

We looked at an Alphard in the summer on our way past Manchester, didn't have time to test drive it though.

Mike - you're brave buying without having seen one :shock: I'll pm you later to quiz you on your purchase if you don't mind.

Regards Grahame
Joanie2 has had a sex change and is remaned Bert
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:14 am

Worth considering a small/cheap caravan as Bongy is a great tow car.

Best of all worlds. :wink:
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:55 am

My only reason to change is I have a disabled 42 year old son (Warwick) and the Bongo is not a practical motor for him to get in / out and no room for a wheel chair ..

I love my LPG / V6 Bongo engine .. and originally thought of a LPG / V6 Alphard ...

Then I read up on the Hybrids 'intelligent' CVT transmission .. 2WD / 4WD .. traction control .. equivalent drive to a LSD .. and was smitten ..

BUT .. a mistake I may have made with putting a deposit on the Hybrid is .... towing ..!

As they are electric driven they reckon that they do not the same towing capabilities as normal auto box / drive versions ..

I must admit I do not regularly drag a caravan around now (in fact I never have with my Bongo) .. but I tend to have a tow bar fitted 'just in case' .. my daughter wants her van moving .. granddaughter needs her horse / box moving.. kids bikes 'n quads ..... and trailer tip runs ..!!
The_Gordons
Bongolier

Post by The_Gordons » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:00 am

Have renewed our membership for another year and hopefully we can sneak into the Scottish bash with this

Bongo replaced by Wellhouse Terrier
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:13 pm

Hope to see you guys about we got a hymer b544 but miss the versatile bongo.your fordy looks good
Gonna see Audi badges? :D put some interior pics up for the guys?
Hope your both good
Regards
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Only that Big! It should be easier for you to sneak into next years Scottish bash than it will be for me in my Burstner.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
mulshy
Bongolier

Post by mulshy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:22 am

The_Gordons wrote:
Looks good ,but ,Show us yer insides!!
all the same but different
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:52 am

Wellhouse Terrier? Seen a few at the motorhome shows. Very tempted if we had the readies.

Return to “Scotland”