Hook up not working

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

scottcatchpole
Apprentice Bongonaut

Hook up not working

Post by scottcatchpole » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:05 pm

I am new to the bongo and have recently been away on the maiden voyage this weekend. When we turned up at our first camp site we tried to hook up to the electric but when we plugged it in nothing happend, I tried all I could think of but nothing. Am I missing something obvious or is there a common problem i'm not aware of? any advice would be appreciated.

Scott Catchpole
Colin H F
Supreme Being

Re: Hook up not working

Post by Colin H F » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:16 pm

more info needed as per what is at the bongo end? is it a power managment system with the mains fed from a rcd? is it switched on , have you checked your cables , was the site socket "live "
prior owner of >>>>1999 2.5 diesel ex tin top &FORD FREDA 2000 2.0 LTR PETROL
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:48 pm

You should have what will look like a small consumer unit hidden away somewhere with several switches on it, you need to find it and post a photo up along with any other electrical switching you might have. On the consumer unit you will find an isolation switch and an RCD as minimum, also likely to be one or more MCB's depending on what is connected.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:02 pm

I use one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-3410 ... up+adapter

And one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mains-Socket-Te ... ns+testers

To check the site hook up is working.

Of course a lightbulb would do. :wink:
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:09 pm

g8dhe wrote:You should have what will look like a small consumer unit hidden away somewhere with several switches on it, you need to find it and post a photo up along with any other electrical switching you might have. On the consumer unit you will find an isolation switch and an RCD as minimum, also likely to be one or more MCB's depending on what is connected.
Operative word being "should". I bought my Bongo with an external hook up point..................straight through to a 13amp socket, no fuse to RCD no nothing! (no I have never used it!)

Hence the request for more info, as your set up could be anything.
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”