fiamma zip 2.5 i think top slot

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Paulinwales
Bongolier

fiamma zip 2.5 i think top slot

Post by Paulinwales » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:02 pm

I noticed an extra slot on the fiamma awning not the usual one that connects to drive away awning via a adapter 'kador - i think' strip

think that shows it best it won't fit the bead on the shinner kador strip that runs in the middle section (outside facing edge) any ideas what it's for , what its called and what will fit down it - looks a good mounting point for extra tarps

Thanks in advance Paul
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: fiamma zip 2.5 i think top slot

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:14 pm

As the diagram shows, its to allow it to locate into an awning rail. You can by the aluminium strip at most caravan suppliers. The radius on the awning should be the same size as the small bead on the kador strip. I have also been looking at that with a view to fitting a strip to stop rain dribbling down the back.
Paulinwales
Bongolier

Post by Paulinwales » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi simon. I tried to get the small kador bead to fit , however it would not go in? I gave it a load of tries and sat on the roof trying to git it to bite in but no way it would go in, but slotted straight into kador rail at front.

P
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:55 pm

No, it's the same size as the kador bead so the only things that it fit into are the things that the bead fits into e.g. figure of 8 strip or awning rail.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”