AVA F45S Mounts

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Mark Elvin
Tribal Elder

AVA F45S Mounts

Post by Mark Elvin » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:11 am

Question for those using the AVA F45S mounts....

Are the self tapper really required? I can't see the structurally a self tapper will add anything to the strength of the installation, from what I can make out the mounts go into the gutter, the gutter lip will prevent the bracket from bending out.
Mark Elvin
Tribal Elder

Re: AVA F45S Mounts

Post by Mark Elvin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:56 am

Anybody?
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:09 am

I believe people have used vw t4 brackets before, which are cheaper, but I can't be sure of that. Have a search and/or see who else replies.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:36 am

Mark Elvin wrote:Question for those using the AVA F45S mounts....

Are the self tapper really required? I can't see the structurally a self tapper will add anything to the strength of the installation, from what I can make out the mounts go into the gutter, the gutter lip will prevent the bracket from bending out.
They don't add anything to the strength of the installation, but they do stop a bit of rocking when going over pot holes.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Mark Elvin
Tribal Elder

Post by Mark Elvin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:56 am

Ian wrote:
Mark Elvin wrote:Question for those using the AVA F45S mounts....

They don't add anything to the strength of the installation, but they do stop a bit of rocking when going over pot holes.
Hmm, I suspect some Sikaflex will do the same.

May opt to leave them off.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”