Practice set up

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

stuc
Supreme Being

Practice set up

Post by stuc » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:44 pm

Thought I had better try the awning after it's winter storage. Still love how easy it is to set up. Hopefully camping at the weekend. Somewhere local with the kids

Do what you like.Like what you do.
peanutcrusher
Tribal Elder

Re: Practice set up

Post by peanutcrusher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:56 pm

have you mounted your awning under the roof? is that where you normally put if so what holds it there with the roof up?
Bongo now work later !!! :) :)
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:28 am

I have attached an awning rail to the roof under the AFT, screwed and bonded on. The caravanstore bag awning then just slides onto the rail and is removeable when not in use. Also when its on, the roof sits over the top so no one can nick it. Half the price of the Fiamma wind out awnings and they come out further I believe. I also have the sides to make it into a room.
Mark Elvin
Tribal Elder

Post by Mark Elvin » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:44 am

Do you find the awning bangs against the side of the car when driving along, or does it actually fit inside the AFT
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:37 pm

No it sits really tight against the side, it is secured under the aft but the bag just sits on top of the gutter, not even any wind noise, maybe I don't go fast enough.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”