Roof Mattress

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Spencer54
Bongolier

Roof Mattress

Post by Spencer54 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:34 am

Anyone give me a heads up on what the best roof mattress is and any ones to avoid?

Thanks
Steptoe
Bongonaut

Re: Roof Mattress

Post by Steptoe » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:28 pm

After spending ages asking the same question and much researching, I ended up buying a pre-made 5cm memory-foam mattress which the kids find very comfortable. It was £120 from Comforts Pet Supplies on eBay. We have also used it in the house as a sleep-over bed, so that is a bonus. Would be happy to sleep on it myself. And it lives in the van roof so we don't need to look for anywhere else to store it. It is made to fit the standard cat-flap roof, but if I turn the inner roof around I may need to customise the mattress to fit the new arrangement.

I did consider making my own, but when I looked into the cost of foam and then my own time on top, I really couldn't be bothered! If I could have found some cheap foam, then I would have made my own. But I didn't.
TheStinkyHippy
Bongolier

Re: Roof Mattress

Post by TheStinkyHippy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:51 pm

I second that.
I got the same mattress from comfort
http://www.comfortzleisure.co.uk/mazda- ... 4578474550
I got the memory foam grey, its £109.99 on their site.

It too lives in the roof space when the roof is down, although I have to shut the cat flap before lower the roof,
and also i need to ensure the tent is tucked in when the roof down reaches half way down.

But the kids say it is very comfy, and also it makes it a lot more quieter when they are up there.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”