Campingaz 904 need new gas bottle...

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Campingaz 904 need new gas bottle...

Post by BongoBongo123 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:58 pm

So each weekend we go off and park up and test our Bongo facilities before we head out for real !

Checked the stove and it works ok but the bottle seemed very light to me and when I shook it gently I did not hear much fluid rolling around. So I think we need a new one. There is me thinking like it was 1995 and that I could pop into any petrol station forecourt and drop off the empty bottle, pick up a new one for £13.95 and off I go....

Well I cannot seeem to find a petrol place nearby so where does one get a new 904 1.81KG bottle of Campingaz... and how much should it be... online I saw £69.95 !!!!! if you do not have an empty 9which we have).

I thought this would be easy peezy ! Do you have to go somewhere special now?

thanks L :D
JoeC
Bongolier

Re: Campingaz 904 need new gas bottle...

Post by JoeC » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:40 pm

Don't know where you are but my 1st result was for £23 - Lancashire.
http://www.lanleesupplies.co.uk/Product ... /LPGCAL904
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Go Outdoors have 904's as do most Calor dealers.... :wink: and all French supermarkets on the shelves inside... :shock: :roll:
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:48 am

Thanks as always... really surprised that these are not at petrol stations still. I have spotted an online place who seems to do local free delivery so guess that will be the way £24.00 with removal of old bottle.
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:44 am

Unless you specifically need a 904 for some reason I'd go for a 907, not much difference in cost so much better value and easier to find.
stewby
Bongolier

Post by stewby » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:35 am

I am not sure if it will be the same for everyone everywhere but when we last had to change our bottle (I don't know what size but it fits in our bongo's conversion), we got a replacement from a local caravan seller place.

It was a couple of years ago but might be worth a shot??
:|
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:36 pm

Some folks refill their own with a few adapters and a host cylinder...... :roll: [-o< [-o< Here it is and obviously I cannot recommend this... but seems to be worth a shot if you are confident enough.................plus you could then use propane... :idea:
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:50 pm

mikexgough wrote:Some folks refill their own with a few adapters and a host cylinder...... :roll: [-o< [-o< Here it is and obviously I cannot recommend this... but seems to be worth a shot if you are confident enough.................plus you could then use propane... :idea:
Never do the above unless you are 100% certain what you are doing and understand the safety implications of over filling etc.
Here is a typical example of a man who was highly experienced and knew what he was doing but still came unstuck
http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2012/coi-nw-12webster.htm
To be honest as tight as I am I would still rather let some one else fill them

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”