Admiral insurance query

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

haybal
Bongolier

Admiral insurance query

Post by haybal » Tue May 27, 2014 12:55 pm

So.... been on to said company for quote on our converted bongo, motor caravan on v5 etc etc, they tell me if its not standard from the factory its not covered. So i asked about all the camping gear you tend to carry, awning,gas bottles, personal possesions. NOT FACTORY FITTED NOT COVERED.

So my question is should something happen will they only cover the price of the vehicle, and not the cost of a conversion and anything else that may be lost?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Admiral insurance query

Post by g8dhe » Tue May 27, 2014 1:21 pm

If its converted then try the Camping and Caravanning club, you don't have to be a member http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co ... insurance/
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Tue May 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Many policies don't cover much when it comes to personal property. CC&C will cover you up to about £2500 for camping gear etc & they are usually extremely good value
haybal
Bongolier

Post by haybal » Tue May 27, 2014 3:46 pm

Simon Jones wrote:Many policies don't cover much when it comes to personal property. CC&C will cover you up to about £2500 for camping gear etc & they are usually extremely good value
g8dhe wrote:If its converted then try the Camping and Caravanning club, you don't have to be a member http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co ... insurance/
Cheers guys been on the phone to these, nearly half the the price of Adrian Flux :shock:

Admiral gave a really good quote for multi car policy, but if you have to replace all your gear because it's not covered that can work out to be a fortune.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue May 27, 2014 11:37 pm

Living in Essex you might even get a tiny discount for being a local. Camping and Caravanning Club insurance is run from an office in Brentwood, just down the road from the Ford European Headquarters. I lived in Brentwood for 16 years. #-o

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Tue May 27, 2014 11:49 pm

The actual C & CC policy is now with Ageas who took it over from Groupama. Ageas head office is in the building which used to be B&Q's head office, which is just down the road from where I work, but I don't think they do discounts for us locals unfortunately :(
haybal
Bongolier

Post by haybal » Wed May 28, 2014 10:03 am

MountainGoat wrote:Living in Essex you might even get a tiny discount for being a local. Camping and Caravanning Club insurance is run from an office in Brentwood, just down the road from the Ford European Headquarters. I lived in Brentwood for 16 years. #-o

Tony
Hi Tony

I didn't realise they were in Brentwood until i phoned yesterday, we're 5 mins down the road in Thurrock.
So i'm a bit surprised the quote was'nt more, knowing what the little scrotes can be like round here :lol:

P.S

Passing through your way in August for the Tattoo can't wait.

Cheers
Barry

Return to “Insurance”