LV for Bongo Insurance - Pleasant surprise

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

trevorjtaylor56
Apprentice Bongonaut

LV for Bongo Insurance - Pleasant surprise

Post by trevorjtaylor56 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:41 pm

I have just insured my Bongo with LV. I already have my Suzuki insured with them. They added the Bongo on and gave me the full no claims discount that I already have on the Suzuki and then a further 5% off.
They insured it as a motorhome, not a modified MPV and just wanted to know that it was professionally converted. Very straightforward and helpful on the phone and because of the ncd much cheaper than other quotes.

It is so unusual to be treated well by an insurance company that I am gobsmacked.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: LV for Bongo Insurance - Pleasant surprise

Post by Bob » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Nice one.

We're with them this year.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Might be worth checking what you covered for. For example, their 'car' policy seem to only cover contents to the value of £200: http://www.lv.com/assets/gi/pdfs/car/po ... 334119.pdf

That's not a great deal when it comes to a 'motorhome' with all your clothes, camping gear, awning, sleeping bags etc.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:18 pm

They wouldn't even insure Bongos when I had mine :? They just said they don't do grey imports :?
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Yes just check they know it's a grey import - SAGA insure "motorhomes" but NOT grey imports.

Someone on here was "insured" with SAGA for 2 years before they found out they hadn't been - they had ticked to accept T&C's that included "The vehicle is NOT a grey import" and when they checked SAGA said "......well that is your problem for not reading things properly! your insurance has not been valid."

As franco says if they say it's OK, ask for confirmation IN WRITING.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:45 pm

This you should do to make sure that LV have had a change of mind or not. Being a CSMA member I have had my Jeep insured with LV through Frizzell for donkey's years. Yet they always refused to insure my Bongo during the 7 years which I owned it both on its own and on a joint policy with my Jeep.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:59 pm

My Toyota Estima was insured with Highway and they are part of LV ..

http://www.highway-insurance.co.uk/prod ... -insurance
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:25 pm

The Problem is that Highway (who insured my Bongo for a year or two) are run as a separate company. I believe that you can only access them via brokers. My Jeep insurance is with LV directly, Frizzell is just another of LV's registered trade marks. When my Jeep insurance came up for renewal I enquired about adding my Bongo to the policy, this request was turned down.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
jessymoo
Junior Bongonaut

Post by jessymoo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:16 pm

We have been insured with Saga for a number of years. On buying the Bongo rang them to cancel car and Pilote motorhome and take out insurance on the Bongo. In the past they have transferred the insurance or added without any problems. Not so Lucky with Freda as they don't insure Grey imports. They sorted insurance out for me via as it turned out LV but must say it was very expensive. Had a few words with them and don't intend to use them again when Freda is up for renewal as I had better quotes from elsewhere.
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:34 am

Looks like LV now insure Japanese imports.

This car:
•is right-hand drive (UK standard)
•has 6 seats
•has no tracking device
•has no alarm or immobiliser fitted
is a Japanese import

Return to “Insurance”