Insurance renewal time

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Insurance renewal time

Post by Peg leg Pete » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:39 pm

Well some of you will know we had our beloved Bongo stolen last October! Got a replacement before Christmas :) Insured through Lifesure so paid out £70 .00 ish to transfer insurance across to our latest Bongo. Insurance is due 26th of this Month :( well the quote arrived today. I knew the premium would be higher ,due to the scrotes pinching our Bongo from outside of our house :evil: Opened the envelope from Lifesure--------- :twisted: quote for next 12 months 4448.00 (not a typing error!!!!!!!!!!) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: this is with Zurich!!! they kindly included a quote for over £1000 as the cheapest they could find from another insurance company---- checked the calendar! no not the first of April :? this is a genuine quote! Dick Turpin would hide behind a mask to rob people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Lifesure shame on you! we have used them for the last 8 years guess what? not using them no more
Online check with Admiral----£458.00 who reckons this a better quote?? as our no claims was knocked back to 3 years!!!
Image Pete
scanner
Supreme Being

Re: Insurance renewal time

Post by scanner » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:44 pm

To be fair Lifesure are only the broker, don't blame them for delivering the message the insurers send out.

They don't set the premiums.
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:01 pm

To be fair they did not try hard enough to get a sensible quote for us former loyal customers!!!
Image Pete
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Really?

They can only quote you, what the insurer quotes them.
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:15 pm

So I should pay such a ridiculus amount? I think not!
Image Pete
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:33 pm

NO! Did I say that?

Just that you aren't forced to use any of the companies Lifesure get quotes from. You can use any of the direct insurers who Lifesure CANNOT get a quote from.

It's clear that those insurers don't want your business any longer and it is easier to issue a ridiculous quote than refuse to cover you.

Should they actually refuse cover you could have a problem, as you would have to reveal that to other insurers, that is one of the standard questions they ask "Have you ever been refused cover?"
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 pm

I have not been refused cover! I have the choice to refuse them and make up my own mind!
Image Pete
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Yes I know............................... :roll:

BUT if you had you wouldn't be very happy - so settle for the silly quote instead - you know it makes sense. :wink:

I hope......................
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:46 am

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
I have a few days before renewal so will shop around, we had our Bongo stolen! not a nice experience :shock: Now not a nice experience to be penalised for something that was not our fault---end of rant :roll:
Image Pete

Return to “Insurance”