Welsh contingency roll call

pippin

Post by pippin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:15 am

Croeso!

You will see our silver Bongo on occasion in Aber, we are members of the Welsh Folk Dance Group.
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:48 pm

Hi Pippin....does that mean that your Dance group is only for Welsh Folk....? ... :oops: ....sorry...must spend less time on this forum...... :lol: ....Alan
Alan...still plodding on....!
pippin

Post by pippin » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:27 pm

Yes, well,

I was born in Scotland, by accident, of war.

Left at the age of six months.

Travelled all over Europe (immediate aftermath of WW2) for the next few years.

Ended up in England for most of primary schooling, about five different ones.

Thence to Cyprus & Iraq for the changeover towards secondary schooling which was actually a boarding school near Preston.

Then College and off to a life on the ocean wave (MN).

Moved to Wales 30 years ago.

Leaned (still learning!) the language of heaven.

Now regard myself as Cymru (almost) Cymraeg!!

So, the answer is that alant54 you are welcome to come and dance with us!!!!
takanni

Post by takanni » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:54 pm

Hi, welcome Bongolier, we used to have a VW old 'P' reg till it went to the VW camp in the clouds!! had great times when the children were small it used to have two bunk beds in the roof - great as the children would have to stay put or fall out!! well not quite. Torch, book or 'walkman' kept them happy all night, much more room thou in a Bongo, your littleone will love it. Enjoy - Takanni. :D
jetskier
Tribal Elder

Post by jetskier » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:28 pm

we live in north wales for 6 mths of the year,in abergele,jetski in colwyn bay and going on tour with a few of our jetski tribe around wales this summer hopefully.does this mean we our in your constituancy,i hope so,we are thrilled with all this stuff and meeting people :D .maybe a part time member :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pippin

Post by pippin » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:04 pm

Living on the coast and being a sea swimmer means that I am hard pushed to give jetskier the usual Croeso.
jetskier
Tribal Elder

Post by jetskier » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:50 pm

hi pippin,we are in colwyn jetski club,which is going to be an all RYA trained club hopefully before the end of the year. we work along side the coast guard to promote safe jetskiing,once a year at the conway river festival,we give our day up and give rides from the harbour,for paying riders,and donate every penny to rnli,usually around £1000. its a shame sometimes we are put into catergries we shouldnt be in ,a warm hello from my family and myself to you.
takanni

Post by takanni » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:56 pm

Hi Jetskier, good to know there are some good jetskiers around, we have some that use an estury by us and they are the most thoughtless that you can find. Welcome/ 8)
pippin

Post by pippin » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:08 am

Well, after that little bit of explanation Croeso cynnes iawn!

I still don't like the noise they make, let alone the foul taste in the mouth from the fuel and even less the disturbance to marine life, but you do sound a better rider than the scumbags we get off our beach.
jetskier
Tribal Elder

Post by jetskier » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:09 am

thankyou very much for your welcome.hope to bump into you on a meet if we are welcome to join in :lol:
tiddly-tum-tum

yet another bongo in aberystwyth

Post by tiddly-tum-tum » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:39 am

Hi all,
Just wanted to stick my head above the parapet...

Silver, N reg freetop. Dangerous looking bullbars and spots. Think they might have to go as they look a bit too much like pedestrian assassins for my liking. Bought it with a known head gasket problem which was (of course) a cracked cylinder head. Fitted a new head and now runs well.

Give us a wave, you will definitely get a wave back from the two kids in the back (one of whom's first three word sentence was "Daddy fixing bongo").

enjoying the snow (and pretending the bongo isn't 4x4 to avoid going to work),

Mark.

p.s. Pippin, I bet you know Janet H. from your dancing exploits?
takanni

Post by takanni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:41 pm

Had to admit that my Bongo is'nt a 4 x 4 ( had it in p.x for my American Dayvan) or I would have prob had 4 x 4, but would'nt swap it now. 4'' of snow so had to take the Disco out which is usualy used for work, roll on next week should be back to Bongoling!!!, keep on sledging :D
tiddly-tum-tum

Post by tiddly-tum-tum » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:31 am

Fantastic blizzard yesterday,great snowball weather, but now it's all turning to mush :( . Guess I'll have no excuse for missing work on Monday!
maglett

Post by maglett » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:28 pm

So many from the south, only a couple of Gogs...

... time for me to add my self to the Gog contingency =D> :

Green, N-reg, 4 wheels and a dodgy one underneath, bird poo on the roof - can't reach it to clean :shock: !

Shiny new lino floor, and half a 4x4 decal (haven't got round to finishing it's removal!) :roll:

Hopefully soon to be reunited with the 'mountain bike on the rear' look once injuries allow! \:D/

Usually found parked on the drive at altitude, or bumbling along A55 to Bangor, Betws-y-coed, Menai Bridge or off to scottish borders.
pilajake
Bongolier

New Bongo Owner

Post by pilajake » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:36 am

New Bongo Owner from Swansea Green over Silver Auto Free Top,
Still waiting for our first nights sleep in Bongo. Work commitments wont allow us both as yet!!
Wild Women from WONGO there are none in my BONGO !!

Return to “Wales/Cymru”