For Bongo owners both north and south (and east and west) of the island.

Moderators: Bongoplod, Ian

sbongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by sbongo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Hello,
I have just bought a Mazda Bongo 1997 2.5 diesel auto with 4 wheel drive,any pit falls I need to know would be welcome. I live in Wicklow area.
Its on uk reg at present so I have to VRT and re reg here. Im also looking for a good new or used hob/sink combo unit.any help with best way to do this would be helpful.
Thanks......
the laird
Supreme Being

Re: New member

Post by the laird » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi and welcome from Scotland,remember with the 4x4s you have to be carefull regarding tyres,ie if there's a worn one you can't just change the as you could knacker the diffs on the axle,always keep an eye on the oil and water levels ,better get a Hayden coolant type system if there not one on it.remember if you're to get towed at any time(hope not)4x4s should not be towed without theropod disconnected,also autos shouldn't be towed over 25mph I think for only a short distance also.please enjoy and welcome to the club
amauvis
Bongonaut

Post by amauvis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:59 pm

^^ Best Welcome ever :D Welcome from me too, and hope the Bongo is all in order.

My sister has just moved from the UK to the Wicklow area, just outside Arklow. OT, but what's involved in re-registering cars there? I heard that there was a registration tax to be paid?
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Sorry guys the blinking submit button weren't doing sod all
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:39 am

Hi
Possibly the best way to start regarding re-registering, is to ask the Irish Motoring organisations...I was doing a review of procedures involved in re-registering across Europe in the more popular destinations, and there were 2 countries whose motoring organisations offered help...Ireland and Italy...the rest were ...errrr...rude in not answering.
You might find answers here:
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/ve ... dex_en.htm
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
amauvis
Bongonaut

Post by amauvis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Found this:

https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenqu ... ution=e1s1

They don't list a Mazda Bongo (they specify a japanese imports subselection) but they do list a Ford Freda and it comes out to about €1454 for the random selections I made for 1999 Diesel auto. Not too bad (try Belgian Mise en circulation :shock: ) but not insignificant either.
sbongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by sbongo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:00 am

Thanks for the advice I will be making a few enquiries next week re vrt?
Anyone know where I can get workshop manual or handbook in English?
I think my bongo is not charging? or there is a drain on the batteries?when I went to start it yesterday and it was dead again,I had replaced the nearside battery a week ago with the same problem?maybe I need to replace the other one as well? any one got any specs on batteries and charging please. When I bought bongo the owner said he disconnected one battery as it was going flat if left unused??? I thought it was a dodgy battery?? any advice would be great...
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:33 am

Hi and good you've found how to put forum to good use,give tony(mountaingoat)from the Scottish Borders a pm ,he had a workshop manual and various other things for sale as he ain't got the bongo no ore,went onto a boring
CAMPER,joke needs were a fact ,he will read this [-X #-o
sbongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by sbongo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks Laird have pm'd him.
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:59 pm

C how good is this forum my friend! =D> :D =D>
sbongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by sbongo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:04 pm

Very good =D>
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Yeah Tony's a good guy you're in good hands wi I'm ,
He did have other stuff also
Good luck sbongo
veefour
Bongonaut

Post by veefour » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Any update? How did you get on with the importing. It can be a complicated process. I might be able to help if you have not already completed the process.
Regards veefour.

Return to “Ireland”