Unhooking figure of eight drive away?

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Re: Unhooking figure of eight drive away?

Post by Dr Fingers » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Rebiam wrote:The figure of 8 stays on if you keep up the tension. I found an excellent device

http://www.mkmonline.co.uk/shop/product ... 7AodmH4ArA

Tarp clips attach each side of the awning and guy I them down sideways. Keeps the awning tight in the figure of 8, stops any flapping in the tunnel bit and eliminates the area where rain puddles (we used the pole and clamp method until the clamps were pulled off the gutter by the weight of water collecting in the awning tunnel during a heavy downpour one night).

Also means you don't have to be so careful about correct repositioning next to your awning after you have 'driven away'.
Shame, link not working?

Derek
Rebiam
Bongolier

Post by Rebiam » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Try here Derek - same thing

http://www.easyklip.com/

Found them invaluable for all sorts of stuff in the bongo from awning tie downs to washing line holders. It lets you attach a guy line just where it suits rather than where there is an eyelet (or most usually not an eyelet)
'98 Green over Silver 4WD AFT

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Rebiam wrote:Try here Derek - same thing

http://www.easyklip.com/

Found them invaluable for all sorts of stuff in the bongo from awning tie downs to washing line holders. It lets you attach a guy line just where it suits rather than where there is an eyelet (or most usually not an eyelet)
Excellent thingies. The ones with ratchets inside are best I think. Kleeneze used to sell them, and they're on Ebay
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Kinda pricey, for a bit of plastic??

Derek
JimmyG
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by JimmyG » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi,
I have 3 pieces of figure of 8 and they are great for keeping the awning in place, never any problem with windy conditions. They can be difficult to remove but for some reason my wife can push them off better than me!

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”