Camping and caravan club temp sites

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

XprettypeachX
Apprentice Bongonaut

Camping and caravan club temp sites

Post by XprettypeachX » Tue May 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi I have joined the camping and caravan club and just wondered if anyone could tell me a little bit about the temp sites and the meet up sites? Can anyone book these etc I'm a single mum with 3 kids and looking for cheap camping during the year and just looking for some advice really.

Many thanks in advance :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Camping and caravan club temp sites

Post by Bob » Thu May 23, 2013 11:47 pm

Hi XprettypeacX

A very warm welcome to the Mad House.

Short answer is 'Yes'. You're a member so you can pitch up at any C&CC temp sites. It is some effort to trawl through the tiny print at the back of the mag, but well worth it, we've camped in Cornwall, August, for £7 per night. That's for the pitch.

You won't get hook up and fancy stuff for that, but a very good price.

I mark anything I'm remotely interested in as I read it so that I can find it again.

Make certain you read the 'Key' so you understand what you're getting, and if you need to book, own san ess means you will need a loo and somewhere to use it, but these can be had from Aldi/Lidl/ebay as can a toilet tent.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu May 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Kids will love 'Basic' camping and make loads of friends on site, but do try and get to our Meets which are all very well priced and family friendly, if you need help with anything just ask someone. :D

Thought: well worth camping fairly close to home for the first couple of trips. Its still an adventure and you can pop home if you've forgotten anything, and give up if it pours.

Big benefit of sites you don't have to book is you can plan it, not tell the family, and not go if the weather is bad, but Hey Ho, nice surprise treat if the forecast is good. (I'm a natural tight wad.)
XprettypeachX
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by XprettypeachX » Fri May 24, 2013 8:12 am

:D many thanks for your reply! So I don't have to book these sites,I can just turn up? That's even better!
We have been camping before so have nearly everything but this will be our first trip with the bongo!
Sorry this question isn't on the same subject but I just have standard tin top bongo with no conversion,
Planning on taking the tent etc, but of weather really cold putting the seats down and letting the baby sleep in the van, so does this mean I can take a tent pitch or do I have to take a campervan pitch?

X
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri May 24, 2013 8:43 am

Hi

Many temp sites you just turn up, but do check details in the book, some need prior booking.

Pitches aren't normally segregated on these sites so just pay for a tent. No one is going to come round checking anyhow, but a tent pitch will include a car. :wink:
XprettypeachX
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by XprettypeachX » Fri May 24, 2013 8:47 am

Thanks bob! :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon May 27, 2013 10:20 am

Not a C&CC site, but Brokerswood is wonderful for yougsters.

http://www.brokerswood.net/index.php/campsite
XprettypeachX
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by XprettypeachX » Mon May 27, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks bob :)

Return to “Campsites”