brace of spanish triangles?

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

downward dog
Bongolier

brace of spanish triangles?

Post by downward dog » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Well, I mean, Bongos are not exactly enormous are they, considering it's already full of blow kits, aid kits, bulb kits, bright yellow thingys etc.............do I REALLY have to take two triangles if i go to Spain, all the guidance says non Spanish cars only need one, but on the spot whatever if I have not got two the local bobby will fine me...........for goodness sake!??
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: brace of spanish triangles?

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:25 pm

No, but it's wise to carry two:

"Warning triangle - one warning triangle compulsory for foreign registered vehicles
but carrying two is recommended as, in an accident/breakdown situation; local officials may impose a fine if only one is produced. Not required for two wheeled vehicles."

From: http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/to ... /spain.pdf

The other to bear in mind with things like warning triangles, first aid kits, hi-vis jackets etc, is that they need to be kept easy accessible so don't bury them under the seat or under all the camping stuff.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi
It's a pretty good idea to carry 2 anyway, as we often see people knee -deep in a pothole over here, and a triangle placed out on the road....and y'know what?....in spite of the fact that they're reputably HIGHLY VISIBLE....they really aren't....and 2 placed at intervals may help you prevent some stupid doo-dah going right up yer chuff!!!!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
downward dog
Bongolier

Post by downward dog » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:03 pm

OK...thanks!.....two for me then, I wish the glove box was a bit bigger!
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:34 pm

I've got the Lidl equivalent of this which comfortably holds all the bits you need to carry abroad: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-BOOT-TIDY ... 2c6bf207b8
Velocette
Supreme Being

Post by Velocette » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:26 am

I keep mine in the jack compartment. I have never thought about having two. Will look out for one on offer somewhere. I have left one behind on at least one occasion, being relieved to get mobile again! :roll: :mrgreen:
[url]http://germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/[/url]
downward dog
Bongolier

Post by downward dog » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 am

Hmmmm, my jack compartment currently contains:
The jack
The winding thingy
A pair of gloves
Wheel nuts with locking key nut
A tyre pump
A tourque wrench set
No room there for anything else, but I will be investigating the underbonnet area, so far under there i only have..the leisure battery/willinton, a bottle of coolant top up and a battery charger.....should be a doddle then!!!
Velocette
Supreme Being

Post by Velocette » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:30 pm

downward dog wrote:Hmmmm, my jack compartment currently contains:
The jack
The winding thingy
A pair of gloves
Wheel nuts with locking key nut
A tyre pump
A tourque wrench set
No room there for anything else, but I will be investigating the underbonnet area, so far under there i only have..the leisure battery/willinton, a bottle of coolant top up and a battery charger.....should be a doddle then!!!
Under the passenger seat might be worth a go, I keep meening to make a small toolbox for under there but never get around to tinkering lately.
[url]http://germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/[/url]

Return to “Going Abroad”