Looking for a good site in N Devon or N Cornwall

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

qatarina
Junior Bongonaut

Looking for a good site in N Devon or N Cornwall

Post by qatarina » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi

I am stranded in the desert in Qatar thinking of our summer Bongo holiday. We are thinking of N Cornwall or Devon for a week in mid-August with unconverted Bongo, a tent, a husband and 2 kids aged 4 and 10 years. Looking for a site near a beach with decent facilities and some stuff for the kids to do, and ideally privacy - but not a Haven-type mega-site with "entertainment." SOmething in between. Campfires a plus.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Helen
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Re: Looking for a good site in N Devon or N Cornwall

Post by dandemann8 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi, try Dornafield in Newton Abbott, by far the best site we've ever been on five star all the way. :wink:

http://www.dornafield.com/
Bongo no more........... ;-(
Nogob
Bongonaut

Re: Looking for a good site in N Devon or N Cornwall

Post by Nogob » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi

Take a look at www.trewan-hall.co.uk/ it's about 5 miles inland between Padstow and Newquay.

An excellent family run family campsite. We have a similar age gap with our children (ours are 14 and 6) but Trewan caters for all. There's a beautiful swimming pool (covered in bad weather) games rooms, good, free entertainment most nights - brass bands, magicians etc. and a superb shop that seems to sell everything (other than alcohol) for a really reasonable price.

The facilities are absolutely fine, you will find more modern facilities on other sites but most people find it to be a really special place.

I could go on and on but I'd sound like I had shares in the place! So I'll end my recommendation by telling you that we're just about to book our 14th trip there and there are plenty of people have been there more than that. Every time we start to plan our holidays (and we like a few each year; camping, apartments etc.) all the children will say,regardless of where we suggest is "We can still go to Trewan can't we?" They wouldn't swap it for Disney Land!

Return to “Campsites”