Bongo Fest South West 15 to 19 September

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Fest South West 15 to 19 September

Post by westonwarrior » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:03 am

Wish I could be with you
hope it stays mostly dry for you all
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Weather has been very "Cornish" the last day or 2, but it was a good weekend nonetheless, most gone home now, but still @20 odd dotted around the site. Brilliant night last night courtesy of the Trav Cats, hopefully they'll be at a Bongo Bash near you soon 8)

A few pics

Pimms o clock?

What's that black one lurking behind the hedge? doesn't look quite right :?

Aaaah, I see 8)

Click here for a little slideshow
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj58 ... =slideshow
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:36 pm

thanks for the pics kirsty,great turn out and the weather looks great, hope we get as good as that at silverdale [-o< [-o<

allans pickup looks cool,but not sure about the spoiler, a nice chrome rear worklight bar with some antitailgaters cibies maybe. i would swap you for mine though allan [-o< [-o< :lol:
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Unfortunately, the weather didn't stay like that :roll: twas a tad showery & windy from yesterday lunchtime, working pu to blowing a bit of a hooly today - roof down & omnistor stowed :wink:
Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Post by Chris&Gem » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:09 pm

Thought i'd better post before I fall asleep, as is the norm great to catch up with new and old friends. Big thanks to Ian, Kirsty, and the rest of the crew that never fail to set these meets up =D> . The band, hope you can do stourport 8) . The camp site, abit muddy by the time we left. Sorry to Bev and Brain, I forgot to come and look at your fridge #-o .(Big Ian) Hope you got back ok, did'nt see you leave. Got a free coffee on the way back. Found Paul and Sue having lunch just the other side of Exeter, cheers guys. See you all again soon :wink:
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:41 pm

We had a fantastic weekend, so thanks to Ian & team for organising it again (and returning to Camping Caradon again) and to Kirsty for going the extra mile (well several yards) having described where my pitch was and then appearing on it before I got there and then dashing off to get an extension hook-up cable for me before reception closed.

And thanks to Haydn Callow for his assistance with my errant awning canopy thingy (and continued interest in my attempts to make it less errant) to Bob & Linda, Kirsty and anyone else who took over those attempts in my absence. I understand there was an informal "patrol" scouting the campsite for awnings and canopy thingies which needed re-pegging whilst folk were out and about on Saturday.

We really enjoyed the Trav Cats on Saturday night - thanks chaps.

As ever, I missed catching up with a few people I wanted to catch up with, mostly down to the showers of rain and bad timing but all that having been said I really didn't want to leave this afternoon :(

And on the subject of the errant awning (an Outdoor Revolution Easy Canopi), having super-attached it to anything it could be attached to (including using big awning pegs) the only weakness in the high gusts of winds (40mph at times, according to the "past weather" section of the Met Office site) was the poles.

At 4am this morning, there was a loud crack and the sound of pouring water (off the top) and I went outside to find the poles had quite dramatically bent. My husband had already declared that it was a useless piece of kit and it had to go after I'd joined the throngs out on an awning check at 4.30am the previous morning :roll: but I insisted that it was useful to me and now he thinks he has won the argument!

Definitely useful to Isaac though because he made a Citroen logo out of the bent poles and then a tiny wigwam (no photo of that, unfortunately)

Possibly should have taken one of my vast collection of tents instead :lol:

Once again, though it was a great weekend with great company and great music. It's a lovely site too.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:36 am

=D> Once again a fantastic SW bash, great friends, superb walks and a couple of shandys thrown in for good measure.
BIG thanks to all those who helped organise & run the event not forgetting Steve and his crew at Camping Caradon, lovely people.
Thanks for the kind words concerning the The Trav Cats I shall pass them on to the other lads in the band
I'm sure they will appreciate the fact you all seemed to enjoy it :D
Also now we've succesfully found our way out of the Deepest Darkest New Forest :lol: , you never know you may see us again if things work out #-o

Cheers CrAzY.

P.S Not sure what piccys my handbrake took the weeekend but I shall have a gander tonight and slap some on later if poss 8)
cheers! party on dudes.
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:22 pm

just like to take the time to thank Ian and the team for make this another great weekend at Camping Caradon even with the bad weather we had a great time chating with old and new friends.
mine you it did mean i had to fine some were dry to stand and the bar seem the best place for that :lol: :lol:
trav cat sound good on sat night and even more reson to be at the pub :lol: :lol:
Well we home now and just drying the tents out and looking forward to some more camping soon.
take it easy drive a bongo
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Just a big thank you to Ian for putting on a geat week end and to Steve for his hospitality. Despite the weather we found it to be a very good week end. We met quite a few new members who were on their first bash and they couldn't believe how friendly and informitive we were. It may take a little time before they post their experences on this forum as they didn't know how to use this site. PM's Posts and replies to posts etc etc
A quick lesson was demonstated, so hopfully they will not be shy and post soon

I'm sorry if I upset anybody with my, at times, erratic speeding on my trike and thanks for all the kind complements about the said trike.

It's alway a pleasure to arrive at one these meets because of the renewal of old friendships, I lose Roseanne for hours . It's such a pity that we live so far apart.

It's also the same when leaving, we allow at least a couple of hours to say our good byes.

We hope everyone has arrived home saftley without any catastrophe.

Dave and Roseanne.
The Janner Vanner
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:59 pm

the janner vanner wrote: I'm sorry if I upset anybody with my, at times, erratic speeding on my trike and thanks for all the kind complements about the said trike
Hang on a minute - did you crash into my awning at 4am on Sunday morning?! :wink: :lol: :lol: To think, I thought it was the weather
:roll:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:27 pm

4am Alison!!! are you sure Isaac didn't escape and borrowed it, he was quizing me earlier that night and thought my trike was ace, especialy when I did front wheel skids, he really wanted to have a go.
The Janner Vanner
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:36 pm

8) Here you go, a few piccys Kerry captured over the weekend :arrow:

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g123/ ... SW%202011/ :wink:
cheers! party on dudes.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:51 am

Great pics =D> Good to see you got some pics of the "Dad dancing" on saturday night :wink:
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:48 pm

Great weekend despite the weather. Great to meet old friends and make some new ones. Kirsty, you did a wonderful job, always on the go, checking everyone was ok and the newbies weren't left high and dry (some hope with all that rain!).
Mo (Mrs Rooster)
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
colin and cheryl
Junior Bongonaut

Post by colin and cheryl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:24 pm

what another great weekend, thanks to ian and the team for all their hard work. it was nice to see so meny old and new faces.
we enjoyed the walks and the pub stops, great band on sat night.
thanks to tom for the loan of the extension lead, did not hear you go at 7am on monday morning.
thanks to caming caradon for having us all again, such nice people and great food again on sunday night.
colin and cheryl

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”