Abs sensor

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Bulwell Bongoleers
Tribal Elder

Abs sensor

Post by Bulwell Bongoleers » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi.

Don't know if any one can help I'm after a front nearside abs sensor?
Have rang around Wheelquick, Ava leisure, Bellhill,Mazda warrington etc And for a new one its £163+vat :shock: and secondhand ones tend to break when removing them. Or does anyone know of a compatable one?

Cheers Andy
Manda & Andy
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Re: Abs sensor

Post by MountainGoat » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:32 pm

When I was on the lookout for a nearside rear ABS sensor not long ago which I obtained from Doone of Allan's Garage, I found that Japanese Auto Solutions stocked the front ABS sensors only. Since this company has now since sold its entire stock of Bongo parts to Ian perhaps these sensors are now in the club shop.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:35 pm

None listed in the stock he got from JAS - http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... as#p510070 - most of the JAS stock was sold when I popped into bongo towers last week.
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Nevets
Bongolier

Post by Nevets » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:18 am

Hi andy :D

If I get time this week i'll pop round and take it off and see if I can match it up with one of my local motor factors...

Cheers steve..
I am the only bongo in the village.......(not anymore there's two of us now "Damn it)
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:55 am

I never found out what the part number was but when Dunslair checked out our local Mazda dealer which is nearer to him to see if I could get one any quicker locally. The price was exactly the same as Allan's quoted.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
steveyd
Bongolier

Post by steveyd » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:24 am

Hi,

Apparently used ones hardly ever come out easily and if they do they are likely to be trashed. In the end I just replaced the hubs with secondhand ones from Bellhill - perhaps a little overkill but I was already changing the lower wishbones anyway. Its 2 big 22mm nuts, trackrod end nuts, plus swapping the brake caliper mounts over per side (and you will need a balljoint splitter).

Definitely more work, but at the time Bellhill had the hubs on ebay for ~£60 with sensors (though cannot gaurantee the sensors will work, but can check resistance and wiring). Both my "new" ones were fine from Bellhill...

cheers,

Steve

Return to “Techie Stuff”