how do you bath yours

For bongoing parents to discuss issues re: travelling & camping with children.

Moderators: Alison01326, mobilecat

Dr.Jekyll

Re: how do you bath yours

Post by Dr.Jekyll » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:12 pm

Essentially the same system as Dom uses, IKEA clear plastic storage containers. Both are now big enough to go the showers with us.... they grow up quick don't they!
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:34 pm

What a load of hassle :shock: Just hire a powerboat and tow them behind it :-" :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:38 pm

francophile1947 wrote:What a load of hassle :shock: Just hire a powerboat and tow them behind it :-" :lol: :lol:
[-X [-X [-X [-X
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
FK Mon Sta

Post by FK Mon Sta » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:01 pm

Hiya

You can get folding baths, see this link (sorry - copy and paste- don't know how to make a link......!)

http://www.olivers-baby-care.co.uk/real ... aign=Gbase

you can get them cheaper - bash 'folding baby bath' into google.

have fun, x
cardiff996
Bongolier

Post by cardiff996 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:31 pm

If you use storage boxes they can double up as a bath. Put in some water and away you go.
No extra gear needed! My girls are 3. we used this last year as the lodge we stayed in only had a shower.
Failing that, washing up bowl, was good for us as kids when mum and dad took us camping!
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:45 pm

We use a washing up bowl for baths with the little one. It doubles up for the washing of plates too and for the drainage from the sink. Well it used to before I ran it over :oops:
I love cheese!
bimbobongo

Post by bimbobongo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:09 pm

Another idea I have used is to shower with the baby (holding firmly ,or if not at risk able to sit up ,try just putting them on the floor of the shower with you )I can hear health and safety bells ringing now ,not been pooed on yet ,although our wee boy (16months)thinks it's hilarious when he pees 10seconds after he is put in the bath every night before he sits down to play , if no showers available a sponge and bowl are probably your best bet ,if this is your first baby ,take my advice there's a lot of gimmicks out there but our mums and dads did a fine job without them ,(but my wife always wants the next best thing its a woman thing ,mind you some of those pushchairs sure are sporty ,alloy wheels ,disc brakes ,alloy frames ,Ferrari red upholstery mmmmmmmm......
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:11 pm

cardiff996 wrote:If you use storage boxes they can double up as a bath. Put in some water and away you go.
No extra gear needed! My girls are 3. we used this last year as the lodge we stayed in only had a shower.
Failing that, washing up bowl, was good for us as kids when mum and dad took us camping!
Totally agree - if you HAVE to bathe the kids - stand them in the washing up bowl and use a flannel. Never did me any harm :lol:
8etty 8ongo
Tribal Elder

Post by 8etty 8ongo » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:31 pm

go for the storage box idea - easiest probably and less to carry - you could even add a nice decal :D
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:30 pm

I would go for one of those round shaped, two handled like trough things you can get at garden centres and such. They are soft round edges, two people can easily carry and can be used for storage on travels. they can be quite big and probably do a toddler.

Jo
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:09 pm

PixieAndTheMoon wrote:I would go for one of those round shaped, two handled like trough things you can get at garden centres and such. They are soft round edges, two people can easily carry and can be used for storage on travels. they can be quite big and probably do a toddler.

Jo

Good idea

They are called Trugs?

As opposed to a the Trog I initially searched on?

BongoExplorer
Junior Bongonaut

Post by BongoExplorer » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:25 am

Yes, those plastic trugs are great. We took one for bathing our 1 yr old when we went (tent) camping, and he loved it. The only downside was that he liked it so much we had to put it in the bath at home for him too!

Something else I'm going to try is a "solar powered shower" I bought for a couple of pounds in Wilkinsons. Essentially its a black plastic pouch that you fill with water and leave in the sun to warm up for 2-3 hours. Now he's a bit bigger I think he'll find that great fun too!
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:09 pm

BongoExplorer wrote:Yes, those plastic trugs are great. We took one for bathing our 1 yr old when we went (tent) camping, and he loved it. The only downside was that he liked it so much we had to put it in the bath at home for him too!

Something else I'm going to try is a "solar powered shower" I bought for a couple of pounds in Wilkinsons. Essentially its a black plastic pouch that you fill with water and leave in the sun to warm up for 2-3 hours. Now he's a bit bigger I think he'll find that great fun too!
Be careful, the water can get very hot, so leave some space in it to add cold water before you use it.

Presumably you've already set up a hook in your bathroom at home for when that needs to join the trug in the bath :lol:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
BongoExplorer
Junior Bongonaut

Post by BongoExplorer » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks for the tip rethe water "overheating" - I'll watch out for that.

Re putting the solar shower in the house, I don't think I'll need to. I think our son is actually going to just move into the Bongo now we;ve got it. When he's really well behaved we let him have his lunch in there for a special treat!
Muffintop

Post by Muffintop » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:57 pm

We used a small blow up paddling pool! Doesn't need too much water. easy to store and can do when they get older and you want to sit them in it! It is soft and padded for really tiny ones too
If you have an awning - Fab! rest it on the ground.. Young tiny babies could be placed on a firm table top.. the paddling pool we used was a small square one about 2 ft square. Lasted for ages..Everyone used it.. standing in it with our swimming gear on and having buckets of luke sun warmed water poured over us with shampoo mixed in was a family treat!!! :lol: :lol: :shock:

Return to “Bongoing with Children”