Late Night Security - thanks for your cooperation.

This year's event will be scaled down but it gives us a chance to get out!

Moderator: Ian

Harry
Supreme Being

Late Night Security - thanks for your cooperation.

Post by Harry » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Over the past few years there have been complaints about late night noise around the site. Most of us have suffered some disturbance from loud voices or even quiet music, the sounds of which carry a heck of a long way, particularly on a still night.

With past history in mind I was a bit trepidacious when Ian asked if I would do the late shifts on Fiday and Saturday nights. With my somewhat cynical view of human nature and the motto 'hope for the best and expect the worst' seemed pretty appropriate.

Well I was gobsmacked....as I wandered around the site on both nights I was met with nothing but friendliness and cooperation by the late night revellers when I asked them to keep noise to a minimum (not to mention the invites to join them for a drink) I had a lovely time chatting quietly and meeting new peeps. THANK YOU

Sorry to say that my last call of the night (at 12.30am) was to a gentleman who I could hear talking loudly from about 50 yards away at a volume which would undoubtedly have disturbed me if I'd been camped nearby.
When I approached him and politely asked him if he couldspeak a little more quietly so as not to disturb other nearby campers I was met by a torrent of loud abuse, directed at me, mostly consisting of the F word and various intimate parts of both the male and female anatomy. The guy simply refused to quitendown or listen to any sort of reason so I eventually left him to it after another member of his group offered to try and calm him down.
What a massive shame that out of around 500 people on site who were happy to cooprate with the rules designed for everyones benefit, there had to be one who couldn't accept them.
I've never in my life recieved such a torrent of personal and obscene abuse and it should never have been uttered within hearing of women or children. I was so shocked that if the guy had been standing I'd have decked him regardless of the consequences...it was that bad. As it is was I returned to my van, was sick as a dog and spent a sleepless night trying to wind down.

VOLUNTEERS SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THAT SORT OF THING.
DRUNKENNESS IS NOT AN EXCUSE...IF YOU CAN'T HOLD IT...GO ELSEWHERE

No apologies have been recieved from the gentleman in question.

I'm pleased to nominate Mr Ella Rose from Bridgend to take on the job of late night security at next year's bash as he is apparently dissatisfied about the way it was done this year.

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
munroman
Tribal Elder

Re: Late Night Security - thanks for your cooperation.

Post by munroman » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:38 pm

Harry, you are absolutely right, I hope you were able to identify the 'gentleman' involved, and that they are banned from future events, there is absolutely no need for that behaviour. [-X

If anyone knows the said 'gentleman', they could suggest that they make an apology to Harry directly, what a disgusting way to treat someone giving their time to help others.
When asked about Western Civilisation, Ghandi said 'that would be a good idea'...
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:40 pm

Poor Harry. As a camper, which I assume this arsehole, sorry I mean man, is, then he should know to respect his fellow campers and uphold the no noise after a certain time rule. To give you abuse when you are in an official capacity or otherwise is unforgivable and in my view he should be barred from attending any more bashes. This is just my opinion, what does anyone else think? :( :(
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:49 pm

What a shame everyone can't be like me when they've had a drink too many and just nod off contententedly!

Obviously drinking the wrong stuff!

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Diplomat wrote:What a shame everyone can't be like me when they've had a drink too many and just nod off contententedly!
See what I mean, I've already had too many (Lidl's Sambuxo)!
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:54 pm

Sorry to hear that Harry..........things like that have no place at a Bongo Meet...........quite shamefull!!!

All the volunteers did a wonderful job this year (as always!!).......well done all!! =D> =D> =D>

Dabs
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:57 pm

For that behaviour.....ZERO TOLERANCE.....identify him,ban him from the forum,club and meets.

As Harry was acting in an official capacity and not `off his own bat`that type of behaviour and response to a request to keep the noise to a reasonable level cannot be allowed and an example must be set.
Come on Ian,back H up and set the ball rolling!!

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 pm

If i'd have known the stick he'd given you the night before Harry, i wouldn't have offered him the QUIET friendly advice i'd given him the following morning.... :? That's really not on. [-X

Even i'd had a pop or two on Friday/saturday nights, and i'm not the quietest of people,but i'm pretty certain i didn't keep anybody awake, nor disturb them.

I even put fingerprints on my doors to close them quietly during the night! I may have snored a bit though because of my hayfever :oops:

Harry, and all the patrols did an absolutely sterling job, for little gain (but a few drinks eh?) :wink: I know i wouldn't have liked to taken the job on that's for sure! Well done Harry for keeping your fists in your pocket =D> =D> =D> Bigger man and all that :wink: (Jamie and Bob know what i mean) :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:28 pm

Thankfully i never met the bloke, don't want to now [-X , the late night patrols by the volunteers are for our security and safety, its comforting to see a friendly face or two asking if we are OK, and then inviting them for a horlicks or two #-o :lol: and a chat.
I had a chat with one of the Lickhill manor staff going round collecting litter, she said we are the most polite rally people they have and also the cleanest, she said Ive walked all over this field today and not even got a quarter bin bag full of rubbish.
Lost without my Bongo.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:57 pm

There was also an incident on Wednesday night (different people). They will all be sent reminder letters, asked to send apologies and a note placed on their membership record so we can cross-reference it next next year.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:04 am

Disgusting Behaviour... since we were probably one of the groups who did chat and party on we did have Harry come around to us and ask us ever so nicely to keep the noise down. He did a stirling job and was there for our security and to make the bash enjoyable for us all... well done Harry and I hope the perpetrator is found.

Oh.. and I'll post pics shortly of our very QUIET drink and chat with you Harry :)

Thanks again from the umbongoclan for keeping us safe and sound :) =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
I love cheese!
Oldboybob
Bongolier

Post by Oldboybob » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:27 am

Politeness, conformity and offering security a drink worked for us!! :D
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:40 am

I don't think a apology at this stage is good enough.....BAN HIM FROM EVERYTHING (relating to this club/forum) FOREVER
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
SPARKYSSS

Post by SPARKYSSS » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Ian wrote:There was also an incident on Wednesday night (different people). They will all be sent reminder letters, asked to send apologies and a note placed on their membership record so we can cross-reference it next next year.

Sadly I was not able to attened as an overnight camper this year but this behaviour is not acceptable at all. If i had been in earshot with my wife and my children there would have been a different outcome. For you to "send a reminder letter" and "cross -reference it next year" is not the right solution. What if something else even worse happens next year - this needs to stop now simply by banning the individual.
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:14 pm

I agree on a zero tollerance

No abuse like this is ever warrented and a volunteer trying to help should not have to put up with this kind of thing.. NO EXCUSES

2 years ago my family and me were made to feel very uneasy during the show and we were kept awake by noise, this is the reason I didn't go last year and it was a long thought before going again this year but I am glad I did go but saw little of the show for the above reason.

How many who do not use this forum may be put off returning again to what is a great meeting of friends having overheard the events in question.

Zero tollerence should be applied to
a, protect and back up the great volunteers.
b, to let every one be in no doubt that if you behave like this you will not be welcome back again.
c, to let all the good people know they are being looked after and if an incident occurs will know they will not meet the trouble makers again next time .

Wedsnesdays may be different but what happened to Harry should not ever be allowed to happen again. and maybe the late night patrols should be done in pairs as a situation like this is very intimidating

Harry

Thank you for volunteering without your like this meeting could not take place the same.

Return to “Bongo Bash 2011”