Leisure battery/front blower issue

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

RabidSalmon

Leisure battery/front blower issue

Post by RabidSalmon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi Guys, stoopid question time.. I've just fitted the Willinton kit complete with new battery, now, since then the front blowers have stopped working, rear ones are fine and heater and a/c are fine, just the front blowers - windscreen, floor and main vents. We went away last night and used the leisure battery and started the bongo and they worked all the way home! until - seemingly - the leisure battery had charged, then nothing again. Might be unrelated but seems too much of a coincidence. I believe I've wired it all correctly. Anyone come across this? Sorry for the long post.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Leisure battery/front blower issue

Post by g8dhe » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:24 pm

The Wiilinton kit shouldn't have touched the Fuses for the Blower, the Blower is controlled by this fuse;
and powered by this one;
You haven't picked up the wrong fuse when you installed the fuse leads into the original panel in the first picture above have you ?
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
RabidSalmon

Post by RabidSalmon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:36 pm

g8dhe wrote:The Wiilinton kit shouldn't have touched the Fuses for the Blower, the Blower is controlled by this fuse;
and powered by this one;
You haven't picked up the wrong fuse when you installed the fuse leads into the original panel in the first picture above have you ?
Hi, thanks for the reply, no, I've got them in 1, 6, 7 and 8. I'm perplexed to say the least.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Is the Air con a Manual or Electronic one ?
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
RabidSalmon

Post by RabidSalmon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:45 pm

It's the LCD buttony thing instead of the slidey slider one. <--- I'm techy me. The display is working fine too.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:05 pm

When it did work, could you control the vents as well ? When you adjust the vents can you see if the actuators down by the drivers left foot are changing position.

I can't think what electrically you might have done to cause such a problem, but it might be worth checking that the plugs in the back of the Air Con. control box haven't been pulled by mistake when working under the dashboard and your getting an intermittent connection on the controls.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
RabidSalmon

Post by RabidSalmon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:08 pm

After reading a previous thread about the actuators and they move. I'll check under the bonnet like you've said, thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.
dom_e
Tribal Elder

Post by dom_e » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:22 pm

One of the white plastic end bits that was supposed to be attached to a heater actuator/linkage rod (ones in the driver foot well) had fallen off on mine. They can be knocked off quite easily when working around that area. It gave the effect of the fan workign its nuts off, but no air coming through the window vents.

Worth a check.
Beyond A to B
RabidSalmon

Post by RabidSalmon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:36 pm

Well. Took the plunge and put it into the garage. Motor was broken :(
Cost £160 to fix. Ouch. Good garage though and has a Mazda testing machine if anyone around the Peterborough area is interested. Just Google Autosparks Peterborough.
Thanks for all your help

Return to “Techie Stuff”