Team Muz Cornwall tour

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

dobby
Supreme Being

Re: Team Muz Cornwall tour

Post by dobby » Sun May 01, 2011 9:23 pm

:lol:

I've got family in Helston, been there since the 1960's (still technically emmets I believe) all things Helston were a regular part of our summers.

:D
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Mon May 02, 2011 6:51 am

Great pics as usual of the Team Muz pasty tour... :lol: Still at least you had better weather than I get when I go down those parts, thanks to the high pressure and easterly winds I guess, keeping the rain at bay... :lol:
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Mon May 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Should be in the wanted section but...... Wanted: Relay pasties from Cornwall to Brora please. =P~ =P~

Thanks for the pastie photos Muz. :mrgreen:
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon May 02, 2011 5:10 pm

brorabongo wrote:Should be in the wanted section but...... Wanted: Relay pasties from Cornwall to Brora please. =P~ =P~

Thanks for the pastie photos Muz. :mrgreen:
https://www.annspasties.co.uk/shop.php

http://www.philpsbakery.co.uk/Pasties%20By%20Post

:D
Barrington
Supreme Being

Post by Barrington » Mon May 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Stunning as ever Paul =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Music is my Sanctuary!
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon May 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Alison01326 wrote:
dobby wrote: Yes, it's amazing what you forget in 30 years. did you go up to the Loe Bar - I think it was river mouth/estuary that took boats into Helston once upon a time
You wouldn't remember it, as it was more than 30 years ago!!! :lol: 700 years ago there was (allegedly) an earthquake which threw Loe Bar (a sand bar) across the mouth of the River Cober turning Helston from a port into an inland town. Alternatively it is attributed to a giant dropping a bag of sand even more than 700 years ago :shock:

All joking aside, there was a bit of an earthquake up in north Cornwall on Friday night! Anyone up that way feel anything (about midnight). Keep comments clean, please!
I'm here in Mawgan Porth and sleeping on the ground! Whereabouts was it? I don't remember anything but noisy neighbours!

Brilliant photos Muz. Maybe you were one of the bongos we waved at during our stay!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon May 02, 2011 6:19 pm

Jillygumbo wrote:Maybe you were one of the bongos we waved at during our stay!
Could well be, we waved and flashed at loads - it really is Outer Bongolia down there :D
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Mon May 02, 2011 7:21 pm

Alison01326 wrote:
Come on down, the rest of you. The weather is statistically not very wet (although it's been grim today). http://travel.uk.msn.com/british-breaks ... =157096149

It's Always wet when I venture down your way...... :roll:
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Mon May 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Yeah I agree, I think you have to live down there to get the benefit of the weather cos it always rains in august when we venture down the M5 :(
LoopyLoo
Bongolier

Post by LoopyLoo » Mon May 02, 2011 7:25 pm

Absolutely fantastic pics...I was going to go in July (if certain things happen :roll: ) but I don't need to now, you've done all the places on my list :lol: The pastie ones really made me giggle.

I can't believe someone can 'not see' a bongo??? :roll: typical micra driver (ducks...)

You had ace weather too!
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Mon May 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Fab pictures :) You were missed at Shell Island
I love cheese!
8etty 8ongo
Tribal Elder

Post by 8etty 8ongo » Mon May 02, 2011 9:29 pm

haha great minds think alike :D :D we were there a couple of weeks ago

we were only there a week and there were so many other places that we wanted to visit, but just ran out of time :( will have to organise another trip me thinks. your pics are fab especially the first one - gorgeous :D
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:18 pm

Jillygumbo wrote:I'm here in Mawgan Porth and sleeping on the ground! Whereabouts was it? I don't remember anything but noisy neighbours!
Apparently 25 or so miles west of Hartland Point (Bude ish) and 25 or so miles off Trevose Head (Padstow ish) so I'd be very surprised if you didn't feel it. Too much street partying, perhaps :D

Muz, did you notice when you are at Church Street Car Park (otherwise known as Fish Strand Quay or the Gas Works) the two memorials? One for Operation Chariot commemorating those men who left Falmouth to destroy the docks/German ships in St Nazaire in 1942; and the other commemorating the arrival of HMS Pickle in 1805 carrying news of the death of Nelson and the Victory of the Battle of Trafalgar. Although the ship was intercepted of Penzance by some fishermen who managed somehow to learn what had happened, the official location of the official receipt of the news and the start of Lt Lapenotiere's journey to tell the King was on that very quay!! As the bi-centenary of the event took place around the time Isaac was due to be born, Horatio and Pickle were both shortlisted as names. Fortunately he arrived late :lol: :lol:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue May 03, 2011 4:05 am

Alison01326 wrote:Muz, did you notice when you are at Church Street Car Park (otherwise known as Fish Strand Quay or the Gas Works) the two memorials? One for Operation Chariot commemorating those men who left Falmouth to destroy the docks/German ships in St Nazaire in 1942; and the other commemorating the arrival of HMS Pickle in 1805 carrying news of the death of Nelson and the Victory of the Battle of Trafalgar. Although the ship was intercepted of Penzance by some fishermen who managed somehow to learn what had happened, the official location of the official receipt of the news and the start of Lt Lapenotiere's journey to tell the King was on that very quay!! As the bi-centenary of the event took place around the time Isaac was due to be born, Horatio and Pickle were both shortlisted as names. Fortunately he arrived late :lol: :lol:
Erm, no. :oops:

On the subject of whether or not we were supposed to be there overnight, we had a ticket until 8am so figured we were allowed to park overnight, it being a mere technicality should someone happen to be inside the vehicle at the same time, m'Lud :wink: :D

It was difficult enough to figure the exit out, first time we exited the way we came in and swung left at the top of the hill, nearly wiping out a load of pedestrians at the bollards :shock:
Bulwell Bongoleers
Tribal Elder

Post by Bulwell Bongoleers » Tue May 03, 2011 10:35 am

=D> =D> =D> Cracking photos as always! The quality is second to none! =D> =D> Looks like you had the weather on your side as well. :D I love Cornwall, not been in a few years! :( Love all the pics of the cornish pasties and cream teas but the cream tea made me want that late last night! :( :lol:
Manda & Andy

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”