AFT Microswitch (Omron D2FW-G)

This section is for when either the club or individuals are buying en-masse for the benefit of the Bongo community at large. Read the rules first!

Moderators: g8dhe, umbongocat

Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

AFT Microswitch (Omron D2FW-G)

Post by Driver+Passengers » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:44 pm

The D2FW-G073M is a 0.1A SPST NO short leaf microswitch that I reckon is the match for the four AFT microswitches. Farnell do this. The D2FW-G071M is the SPDT version, RS Electronics do this. Firstly, can anyone confirm the part selection, and/or suggest alternative(s)?

Both parts quoted above are US stock (high postage, but one off charge), both have MOQ of 1, both have first price break at 25+ but this only saves 40-50p (about 8% cost). Based on Farnell's current pricing for the D2FW-G073M, ordering 10 would come out a little under ~£8 a piece inc del+VAT - perhaps a little more for the end users taking into account onward P&P. This drops to £6-£7 if ordering 25 units.

Show of hands for interested parties - is it worth considering a Group Buy for these? If I get 5 names, I'd consider taking the risk on an order of 10, and reselling the rest here at cost. Equally happy to cede to another, esp. if order quantity goes up significantly as I have little capital.

Matt
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: AFT Microswitch (Omron D2FW-G)

Post by g8dhe » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Include me at the £8 price range, not that I have a faulty one but I would prefer to have a spare handy should it ever go wrong, and there have been several reports of them going faulty. I can't confirm the details of the switch but if I get a chance I'll have a look and see if the type looks correct.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Due to lack of interest below MOQ, I'm giving up on this for now.
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Damn - I missed this post when it was running earlier. I'd definitely be up for one as my o/s front one has never worked and is 100% u/s Mind you, there's still the fiddly issue of how you replace it as there seems to be no spare wire to allow you to pull out the old unit and connect up the new one. But I'm sure it can be done.

Keep me on the list D+P in case you change your mind and decide to proceed. I wonder if a batch (assuming they ARE the rights ones, once they've arrived and been checked out) wouldn't just sell on ebay anyway without probs, as these switches must I think go faulty (past/present/future) on our Bongo fleet. 8)
huggo009
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by huggo009 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:05 am

g8dhe wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:04 pm Include me at the £8 price range, not that I have a faulty one but I would prefer to have a spare handy should it ever go wrong, and there have been several reports of them going faulty. I can't confirm the comparateur assurance chat details of the switch but if I get a chance I'll have a look and see if the type looks correct.
Hello!
This is my first time here and I just want to say that I’m very happy to be here and to share my opinion.
Thanks!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:43 am

Welcome aboard. 8)

Return to “Group Buys”