South Wales run.....

billy

Re: South Wales run.....

Post by billy » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:52 am

Only just spotted this. We can't make it unfortunately as we're off to Exeter. Have a good one.
dom_e
Tribal Elder

Post by dom_e » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:49 am

Sadly, I don't think we'll make this. Family stuff. Will let you know by phone if we can meet up though, Mike.

Dom
Beyond A to B
Gripped
Bongolier

Post by Gripped » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks to Dr J for organising. Great to meet you all. A successful run by all accounts.

On the way home we discovered that out of the 6 Bongo's there..... one lives 200 meters from us !!! Wondered why we were being "followed."

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Here's to the next one !

For info, as far as we can tell, our conversion is from Direct Campers, Kilmarnock or Yorkshire Conversions, Leeds. We know it was purchased originally in Kilmarnock. It is difficult to say as the conversion units are probably sold as a kit to be fitted by an conversion company.
dom_e
Tribal Elder

Post by dom_e » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Shame I missed this in the end. In the end, we went to the Amelia Trust farm quite near the airport, then shopping on the way back. The prospect of kicking tyres didn't appeal quite as much to the wife as me and the sprog needed wearing out!

We did spot an all black Bongo parked in M&S at Culverhouse cross - one of you?

Any pics?

Hope I can make the next one.

Dom
Beyond A to B
Jimcul

Post by Jimcul » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Great day out and nice to meet you all. We dropped down onto the beach at ogmore for an ice cream on the way home........ and there were two more bongos down there blissfully un aware of what had gone on just up the road. See you all next time.

Jim and Culide
BONGOCONGO

Post by BONGOCONGO » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:20 am

More thanks to Dr J for getting it all started. Weather cleared up after a wet start and 6 Bongos in convoy was a great sight! Parked up in the Watermill at Ogmore also gave the clients something to look at too. It was a good gathering and we look forward to the next one. Very interesting and instructive to see other peoples vans with their 'additions' . Hope those that couldn't make this one can make the next. Over to you Dr J!!
Dr.Jekyll

Post by Dr.Jekyll » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:17 am

Well I think that went well and it was great to meet everyone and see the wide range of vans! Thanks for everyone who made it out on a wild and wet start in Porthcawl! We also had a stop on the way home in Southerndown and yes, another bongo in the car park - :lol: Here's to the next one!

*for bigger images go to:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4091/496 ... c733_z.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4147/496 ... f9df_z.jpg
sniperFM
Bongolier

Post by sniperFM » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:26 am

Really enjoyed the meet, espeacially finding out that "gripped" has secretly been stalking me in my own housing estate!!!!!

The next one should be bigger and better again and i think there is more than enough scope to make this a regular meet. I noticed quite a few new members in the cardiff area on the latest bongoFury newsletter!

Dr. Jekyl, bet you will be sorry you started this now, as we are all expecting you to organise the next one already!!!

Until then,

Sniper OUT!
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Guys, i turned up at Eastern Promanade by 1pm :) parked up, noticed a white AFT a bit further down on the other side then my phone goes :shock: . My office rings me saying one of my 'clients' (i support adults with disabilities) needs support into the community and i need to be available for 2.30pm :| so i had to turn around and come away :( . Seen a couple of bongo's on the way back and got a wave but i was gutted that i was so near yet so far away from meeting up. Hope to see you at the next meet [-o<

Izzy
I have a plan and its as HOT as my pants

IZZY

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/izzy2619/

Return to “Wales/Cymru”