Road Trip to Alicante, Spain

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

.co.uk
Bongolier

Road Trip to Alicante, Spain

Post by .co.uk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Well, the Bongo has got me to Alicante in Spain without any problems. The road trip saw me stop overnigt at Southwald, Suffolk, south of Paris, Carcassonne in South France and then a campsite in the Costa Daurada before arrivig safely te following day. 2,300 miles done. Not overly looking firsTs to the return trip though. 8)
[b]G'day from The People's Republic of the Bongo![/b]

www.thomasgorman.co.uk
.co.uk
Bongolier

Re: Road Trip to Alicante, Spain

Post by .co.uk » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Well, I have returned safe and well and the Bongo did me proud. 5,000 miles round trip and not one problem despite the Bongo being fully loaded and used as a removal van. I needed to take stuff over to Spain and bring back alot of weight and the Bongo coped great with it. Here's a wee summary of my trip and some photos too although not too many of the Bongo. My Iphone has some condensation in the lens so must apologise if any of the photos are blurred.

I did the trip to Spain over four days, taking my time to visit some places I wanted to see along the way. I stopped in past Southwold, Suffolk, and spent a morning on the beach and pier. I took in Carcassonne in the south of France to see the beautiful ancient fortress that rises over the town and I also visited the Salvador Dali museum in Figueres, Northern Spain. I would highly recommend this museum and it is only 20 minutes from the France/Spain border on the Autopista de Mediteranio. Here are some of my images from my trip to Spain.

I had some to rest and recover at my villa in Spain before the return trip during which I took in La Tomatina, a tomato fight held in Bunol, near valencia on the last Wednesday of August. It attracts some 30,000 people who attend there early in the mornign to throw over ripen tomatos at each other. The tomatoes are delivered by large trucks and the fighting begins. We the took in a game at the Nou Camp in Barcelona where Barca hosted AC MIlan. What a stadium and what an atmosphere, even though it was a friendly. Here are a few photos from my trip home.

www.thomasgorman.co.uk
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Good to hear the trip went without incident. Catch up with you at Glencoe.
Image...Image
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
.co.uk
Bongolier

Post by .co.uk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:33 am

Looking forward to it Dave.

www.thomasgorman.co.uk
Oldboybob
Bongolier

Post by Oldboybob » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Fantastic pics, very very jealous :D