2010 "Southern Softies"

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

bongomadness

Re: 2010 "Southern Softies"

Post by bongomadness » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Hi all just a great weekend ....some truly fantastic people there especially Leo and Norma our neighbours for the weekend. Look forward to meeting them again at Cornwall in september. Allison it was lovely to see you and Isac also look forward to seeing you again. Kirsty it was good of you to go out of your way to say hello. Jaylee thanks for the chat this morning and giving me another idea. The site it has to be said was worth every star and i agree with hayden on the excellent toilets and showers(would have liked to have chatted with you but every time i approached you were busy:-().never mind always another time. I will post my pictures as soon as. All the best jayne
HangTen

Post by HangTen » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:19 pm

What a great way to lose our 'Bongo virginity' - first meet and first 'sleep-over' in our recent acquisition :D

It was good to put some faces to names (although we may struggle to remember all the names :? ) - we were really impressed by the genuine friendliness of everyone we met and the total absence of any kind of 'one-upmanship'.

It was a warm, easy-going atmosphere among a great bunch of people - particularly Jamie & Sandy, our team-mates for the skittles (what a team, eh!)

Really looking forward now to the big event in June as well as many more nights away in the Bongo.

Many thanks to all concerned for making it such an enjoyable weekend =D>
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:05 pm

HangTen wrote:(what a team, eh!)
Oh yes indeed! :lol: Team Hang Ten... :mrgreen:

I was thinking of following Johns advice & investing my part of the winnings & going "pro"?? :? I need something to wear.....!!
We can get a discount the screen printing if we buy a team set... :wink:
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
technophobe
Tribal Elder

Post by technophobe » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Just got back. Great meeting - thanks Ian. Good to talk to lots of people. We really appreciate meeting folks after some months and just continuing as we were before - what a stress free friendly way to spend a weekend.
Don't understand how some peeps can get pickies on so quickly :shock:. I've got a few and will try and post any that are worth seeing in the next couple of days.
Despite the traffic on the way down when we filled up at Winchester today to my delight I found that we had managed 34.1 mpg - beat that huh :lol: :twisted: and with a trailer :shock:
Richard & Jo

1995 SGL5 Black over silver clear windows
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Brilliant weekend, great to see everyone, sorry we missed so many.

Splendid walk on Saturday, and what a corker the pub is. =D>

Great pics too. =D>
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Great to see the photo's sorry I missed this one again - I will get there one year - glad you got the tail end of a great weeks weather - catch you all at the big one!!!!!
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:04 pm

Nice to see you as we headed for Softies Aitch. :D
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:24 pm

a great day for the ragtop at this rate i shall be very brown for the Bash!!!!!!
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:30 am

:D Great Camp, Great Friends, Great Laughs
See you all again real soon 8)

Image =D>
cheers! party on dudes.
alans00ty5
Bongolier

Post by alans00ty5 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:23 pm

just got back great weekend nice to see old freinds and new enjoyed the walk and the meal and skittles night; sorry we did not get round to seeing every body, looking farward to going to the next one. will put some pics on when i can find some time.
2wd white v6 what alovely mover.
bongomadness

Post by bongomadness » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:43 pm

I am sure i counted 71 Bongo's when we arrived on friday . . . . . Surely there are more comments to be made about the ss meet. We didnt make the skittles evening (maybe next year mr and mrs Bongo madness can give you a run for your money lol) but thought there would have been more feedback than there is at the mo. Maybe i am just being impatient waiting for it . . . .
bessie
Bongonaut

Post by bessie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks all for a lovely weekend :D :D :D And a big thanks to whoever bought the sunshine it was really appricated :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait now till the Big One but will need a bigger fridge found I could drink lots of wine........

Now know I cant play skittles but think they only picked me to make up the numbers :lol: :lol:

One again thanks for the great company and a fantastic weekend.

Bev and Brian
I really want a Bongo Dog....
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:23 pm

What a fabulous weekend!! Great to see so many familiar faces and good friends. A winner from start to finish. Thanks Ian. A real bonus to see Shirley and Don (Gungadon) on Saturday, when they came for the day. I loved the site, decent shop and great clubhouse. Thanks Bob (freewheeler) for coming to the rescue with my roof.!! Shame you couldn't make it, Simon and Julie and kids. Look forward to seeing some of you at Stourport. Jo.
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!
DE-OGZ

Post by DE-OGZ » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:31 pm

What a fantastic way to start our bongoing adventures.

We have only had our ‘Snoop’ for a few weeks and as we live only a few miles from the SS meet we thought we might drive over to have a quick walk around and a nose at a few vans, just to get a few ideas for conversions/layouts.

However all did not go quite to plan.

I finished work at 4ish so we popped over at about 5. We have only really spoken to people on this gr8 forum to get some buying advice so we really didn’t know anyone at all. We did think that it might be a bit quiet at the time we were arriving as it’s a bit of an in between kind of time of day. I was like a kid in a sweet shop looking at all the different colours of van and how they were used; awnings, bike racks, back boxes etc. but I was right I think a lot of people were relaxing ready for their evening so we didn’t want to disturb anyone and just had a quiet walk around…..

And then….

We were just about to wander back to our bongo parked in the late arrivals car park when we saw a couple more bongos hidden behind a hedge next to a loo block and backing onto a pig farm. It looked a quiet little corner but I was mistaken, I think these residents had been allocated this location for a reason!! ????? came over and introduced her other half and before we knew it we had met our first group of bongoers. What a great bunch of people. After a drink (I don’t know how you managed to fit so much booze into your bongos) and some nibbles the gang suggested we stay over night…. Of course we couldn’t possibly have done that as we hadn’t booked, didn’t have a pitch or any gear with us.

I suppose we could have gone to pick up our bits and bobs, and gone back a bit later. I suppose someone could have lent us his barrier pass and we could have hidden ourselves round the back of someone else’s van. I suppose we would have could have been sitting round somones BBQ and had a lovely evening chatting and drinking and meeting more great characters. I even suppose that as it got cold out we could have all gone in somones awning (it would have to be a big one tho) and carried on the party. All it would have needed was someone to sing a couple of hearty songs (maybe one about a panda and entailing procreation of their species) a drop of port and some cheese bought as a gift by us to say thanks for a gr8 evening and lots of hangovers in the morning…..

I am sure it would have been something like that ….

Of course as we hadn’t booked it was all hypothetical as I would never do something as naughty as gatecrash an official meet!

Thanks to all the residents and visitors in the noisy corner….you know who you are…. =D> =D> =D>

All the best

PORT AND CHEESE
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:36 pm

Its all downhill from here on!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”