Show us yer insides

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

missfixit70
Supreme Being

Re: Show us yer insides

Post by missfixit70 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Looking good Ed, liking those led's :D where are you getting them from? very tidy looking 8)
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
madmile
Supreme Being

Post by madmile » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:33 pm

missfixit70 wrote:Looking good Ed, liking those led's :D where are you getting them from? very tidy looking 8)
Those ones were from B&Q - useful in that they had a good 2m of cable, but the wire was really thin. If I was doing them again I may use individual LED's from someone like grassroutes leisure, but these do work well as the top is almost flush.
I think a set of 10 were about £35....just bin the transformer etc.
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:17 pm

I object to him pimping on the forum,, :^o
This shouldnt be allowed,, Is that a shutter blind just at the back of the seats, :wink:
i like it good idea,, =D>
madmile
Supreme Being

Post by madmile » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:59 am

cabte wrote:I object to him pimping on the forum,, :^o
This shouldnt be allowed,, Is that a shutter blind just at the back of the seats, :wink:
i like it good idea,, =D>

Its a tambour door (roller shutter :wink: ). Its ideal for behind the seats as you dont need a shaped door to allow it to open with the seat up.
The ones I use are custom made from bare slats, but many people who do their own conversions find it easier and cheaper to buy a cupboard from IKEA that has the roller door and dismantle it or even build it into the conversion.
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:17 pm

I love it, and a cool idea,,
makes getting into a cupboard a lot easier if the seats are there,,
=D> =D> =D> =D>
bongomadness

Post by bongomadness » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:01 pm

[quote][Its a tambour door (roller shutter ). Its ideal for behind the seats as you dont need a shaped door to allow it to open with the seat up.
The ones I use are custom made from bare slats, but many people who do their own conversions find it easier and cheaper to buy a cupboard from IKEA that has the roller door and dismantle it or even build it into the conversion.

/quote] I have seen these shutters in a lot of office furniture products. I am suprised that more convertors are not using them as they are space saving and look pretty cool!! =D>
Lovely conversion you have therfe to.
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 pm

dose look nice ED like the led and the roller door
take it easy drive a bongo
sparkymik
Bongolier

Post by sparkymik » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:19 pm

The Bongo has gone. Long live The Bongo

Hymer Camp Swing 544/Fiat Ducato 2.3jtd
DE-OGZ

Post by DE-OGZ » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi Sparky

Your conversion looks exactly the same as ive sketched on numerous scraps of paper. I presume that the low level box forms part of the bed (pic of bed setup would be gr8 [-o< ) and that you have the choice of a nearly full size bed or using the driver and passenger seats as 2 singles leaving some precious floor space =D>

J
sparkymik
Bongolier

Post by sparkymik » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:15 pm

DE-OGZ wrote:Hi Sparky

Your conversion looks exactly the same as ive sketched on numerous scraps of paper. I presume that the low level box forms part of the bed (pic of bed setup would be gr8 [-o< ) and that you have the choice of a nearly full size bed or using the driver and passenger seats as 2 singles leaving some precious floor space =D>

J
Yes that's correct I will post one for you asap it's more dayvan setup than full on camper 'cos I wanted to retain the ability to carry five people in safety

Sparky

PS only in Ringwood you can eyeball it if you like

DE-OGZ

Post by DE-OGZ » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:55 pm

sparkymik wrote:
DE-OGZ wrote:Hi Sparky

J
Yes that's correct I will post one for you asap it's more dayvan setup than full on camper 'cos I wanted to retain the ability to carry five people in safety

Sparky

PS only in Ringwood you can eyeball it if you like

Sounds like a plan Sparky, I'm constantly up and down to Winchester, daughters at uni there, thats why i am in a hurry to get a bongo bought before she adds up how much her first year has cost her!!
sparkymik
Bongolier

Post by sparkymik » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Check PM Dude 8)

Sparky

dom_e
Tribal Elder

Post by dom_e » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Beyond A to B
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:04 pm

wormey wrote:
clummzie wrote:
wormey wrote:Mine :D

Nice conversion Wormey, 321Away I assume?
We've got exactly the same (saves me uploading any pics) including the top loading fridge which means you can have your cup of tea in bed in the morning!

Can you get a similar conversion but with 5 seats in the back with full seat belts?

The only thing I'd change would be a split lid on the cooker/sink and have it lowered to be flush with the work surface along with a lino (not carpet) floor.

:D it is a 321 conversion, fridge runs for 3-4 days off the leisure battery. We have purchased the smallest theftford pottapotti that even when set up can be beneath the flattened rear seat.
I love cheese!
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Just realised I hadn't added my insides to this thread.

If anyone's thinking on embarking on a DIY conversion, feel free to PM me (and I'll talk you out of it, or recommend some 'medication')

Camping mode

Travelling Mode
Image...Image
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”