Brynowen campsite - Borth

waycar8
Supreme Being

Brynowen campsite - Borth

Post by waycar8 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Hello all, anyone know any good places to visit/do in the area of Brynowen campsite in Borth

We are booked in for a week from the 8th of August but we do other things off site through the day

So if you see a R reg white over silver aft dont forget to give us a wave, I never get spotted :cry:

Thanks Wayne
karena
Supreme Being

Re: Bryowen campsite

Post by karena » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:33 am

nip down the coast to Newquay (about 30 miles) -to watch the dolphins.(fish and chips at the mariner)

Corris railway for mountain scenery (often very wet scenery)
CAT centre is interesting but not cheap to get in
King Arthurs Labrynth I'mm told isnt very good - however it may suit the kids as it was an adult opinion.

Inland red kite feeding stations (you might have problems with the dogs) also gold and silver mines
Devils Bridge - just above Aberystwyth is a nice walk

Some beautiful beaches Ynyslas sands just above for dunes /nature reserves - Borth beach is sandy and shallow (safe) at low tide pebbly at high -again if you're taking the dogs some beaches dont allow dogs on at all during the summer season.
there is a pdf you can download with that stuff on this site http://tourism.ceredigion.gov.uk/saesneg/bcy.htm

Finally i would love to spot you -because that would mean i was there -not envious at all. :lol: :lol: :lol:
waycar8
Supreme Being

Re: Bryowen campsite

Post by waycar8 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: . cheers Karen, should get to visit some of them, depends what the "kids" want to do :roll: , yeah we are taking the dogs, cant believe they wanted £50 a dog to stop at the caravan site, good job we only have 1 dog :shock: , toby will be hidden in a handbag in the back :lol:
pippin

Re: Brynowen campsite - Borth

Post by pippin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:42 pm

In my opinion King Arthur's Labrynth is the best tourist attraction for miles around.

For adults and children >6 years old. The experience takes about 45 minutes.
I won't give the surprises away but after going through a non-descript door in the hillside you enter an amazing underground world.
The route is flat but you do need to duck in places to avoid hitting your head.
Last entry is 17:00 but get there early on wet days and book your place.

It is part of the Corris Craft Centre where you can while away the waiting time looking around the crafty shoppes.

Centre For Alternative Technology - it depends how green you are.
If you can look behind the hippy origins and ethos you might find it an interesting experience.
You can always play "spot the alternatives" - easily recognisable by their Doc Martin boots and hand-knitted woollen socks and layers of jumpers - even in summer.
Oh, and the slightly sneering way that they look at obvious middle-class suburbanites.

How do I know all of this? It is our home territory!

If you want an evening of fun then on Monday evenings at 20:00 in the bandstand on Aberystwyth promenade you can watch (and join in) Welsh Folk Dancing.
I'm the bloke in a funny costume wearing a bowler hat and playing the 12-string guitar!!!!!
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:29 pm

well i did say it was an adults opinion about king arthurs - not mine. I have stopped at the craft centre a few times but never had time to go down the labrynth.

I thought cats was quite interesting from a science point of view - how simple stuff works (and it needs to be simple for me to understand) gardening wise it has probably saved me many £1.00 with their ideas

[-X pippin- such stereo-typing coming from a folk guitarist in a bowler hat just for the record i dont own doc martins -(way too expensive) nor can i knit or crochet or macrame anything -I can do basket weaving though - they taught me that in the asylum:lol: :lol: :lol:

The main attraction for me up there is the stunning scenery in that valley
and the brillliant road (remember the ad when the sat nav says - now drive) so i'd put them in as possible things to do (child blackmail) if you get up that way.

Poor toby - in a handbag: lol: :lol: :lol:pity you couldnt do the same with indie save £50.00 - I,m guessing she'd be a bit less happy about it though.
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:38 pm

Might come and visit the promenade and say hello pippin, but dont know about joining in dancing thoe :shock: , I am as goood a dancer as I am a Elvis impersonator :lol:
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:33 pm

Well just got back from a great week in wales, thanks for the sugestions, the King Arthur's Labrynth was the best place to visit 8) .

Was nice to meet you pippin and the mini folk festival was fun too 8)
pippin

Post by pippin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:47 pm

I am glad that you all had a fun time here with us in Wales.

For the record, Waycar8 would not get up and join in the folk dancing - his excuse? A poorly ankle. Yeh right!

Son of Waycar8 was persuaded but didn't stay the course, Miss Waycar8 was enthusiastic - eventually and Mrs Waycar8 generally put the rest of them to shame!

It was good to have you there with us anyway.

PS Any photographs of the event?
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:35 pm

got some vids as well as picks, going to upload them up to photobucket when I get round to it :D , and for the record my foot is still in pain, could hardly walk on the tuesday but eased off towards the back end of the week, not too bad today, it just a throbing stabbing pain when I walk, think I trapped a nerve or sumat :evil: , no bruising or anything so cant think of anything else it could be :?

Return to “Wales/Cymru”