Parking in cardiff for a bongo.

cabte
Supreme Being

Parking in cardiff for a bongo.

Post by cabte » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:45 am

Hi

I might be going to Cardiff on thursday to visit a mate who is working for the queen. :(
We have been a few times in a car but this time im going in the bongo ,normaly park in the multy story facing the prison.
Does anyone know if you can get a Aft bongo in there?
Or where els i can park in the bongo?
dom_e
Tribal Elder

Re: Parking in cardiff for a bongo.

Post by dom_e » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:13 pm

I don't think you'll get into any of the multistory car parks with a bongo. Car parking in Canton is also out of bounds for Bongo freetops. However, depending on how jammy you get and how prepared to walk you are, there is road parking around the Canton area. I'm not totally sure about the car park you can access from Cathederal Road (at Sophia Gardens Leisure centre), but I dont' remember any height barriers. That one is close to the town centre.

Dom
Beyond A to B
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:17 pm

How about parking at a station outside Cardiff and catching a train in to Queen Street?
Dizzy-Dots
Tribal Elder

Post by Dizzy-Dots » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:28 pm

We always park in the park-and-ride - it's a lot easier than worrying about parking spaces and heights.....£3 for the car - including bus into town and deffinately cheaper than the normal carparks! (not sure if it's open on a weekday though :roll: - I always go on the weekend!)

There is parking alongside the castle, but does get busy early, so finding a space is 'fun' (pay-and-display meters take cash and cards)

Central station has parking too, but last time I tried, it was cash only and I didn't have a lot of cash on me (I'm like the queen - I don't carry cash! LOL!).... ended up driving over to hubbies work, and he drove me into town, then took the car back with him! :oops:
Lisa

1995 'N' Plate - 2WD AFT in Black - called 'Jonnie'!

scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:58 pm

Dizzy-Dots wrote:We always park in the park-and-ride - it's a lot easier than worrying about parking spaces and heights.....£3 for the car - including bus into town and deffinately cheaper than the normal carparks! (not sure if it's open on a weekday though :roll: - I always go on the weekend!)

There is parking alongside the castle, but does get busy early, so finding a space is 'fun' (pay-and-display meters take cash and cards)

Central station has parking too, but last time I tried, it was cash only and I didn't have a lot of cash on me (I'm like the queen - I don't carry cash! LOL!).... ended up driving over to hubbies work, and he drove me into town, then took the car back with him! :oops:
http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/objview.asp?Object_ID=4759&
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:36 pm

ye i was thinking about park and ride but not sure where it is.
Im coming from J35 i think not sure as i use the sat nav so dont take notice.
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi, might want to try parking on north road opposite the law courts, its got good access and cheaper than in town parking. I regularly park there and its only a short walk into town. Hope this helps :D
I have a plan and its as HOT as my pants

IZZY

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/izzy2619/
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Well I know the multiu storey opposite the New Theatre will take a bongo as I use it when the disabled street parking is full, lol, but..its not cheap, when we visited the Theatre for an afternoon matinee it cost us £8.00 for about 3 hours, bloody robbery. Around the back of the prison near the Uni Atrium building there is on street parking with a meter, not sure of the charges as its free for disabled, so I dont have to pay, lol.

Return to “Wales/Cymru”