midlands day meet?

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

not so old
Supreme Being

Re: midlands day meet?

Post by not so old » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi Guys,
Full update tomorrow on our Bongo day out. I have some phone calls to make tomorrow and then hopefully I will post all details. No matter what the weather throws at us we will have fun! :D :D But pack your woollies and brollies anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Anna
Things always get better after they are worse
So it's good to make things worse as soon as possible!
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi All,
Final arrangements/details
1.preferably Before 12md Meet up At The recreational car park, Stratford- Try to go to the end area of car park.
The nearest post code is by Ripples cafe CV37 7LS.This is start of car park, Carry on up this road(do not turn left)
2. When Ready we can have tea etc(bring a picnic if req,d) in picnic/playground area (behind car park or by river(in front of car park) or whatever you wish to do
3. Anyone wishing to visit the Butterfly farm can have a guided tour, if we go together and 10 or more people. I will need to book this in advance, so let me know if interested in guided tour of Butterfly Farm, with Beastie handling . around £5 adults £3 children family ticket £16
Otherwise you can visit at your leisure.
4. On your journey home you may like to drop in to The christmas festivities at Bideford, 8 miles away, starting 5pm.- Car parking . Up beyond Fire Station,nearest postcode B50 4QG with footpath to Village centre.
5. In case you go home in other direction,8 mls away, you might like to visit Victorian Market/fair with Santa, at Ragley Hall, Alcester 11am-5pm £6 adults £3 child. Gift for children

Many things to do in Stratford including:-
Riverside Walk veiwing swans, picnic
Floating Resaurant- May be closed for season
.Royal Shakespeare Company is across the footbridge with the famous "Dirty Duck" for refreshments.
There is a Stratford guided Walk 2pm from waterside(outside gates) £5 adults £2 kids
Anne Hathaway Cottage
Many pretty shops and The Teddy bear Museum and so much more.......

Places to eat-
By car park.. Ripples Chinese Resaurant and Bar- Buffet lunch £9.50
outside gates(sheep street) The Big Fish- fish chips sit in or take away
These are nearest but very many more.................

Anyone wishing to camp over the weekend in Stratford.-
Stratford Racecourse Site. or Dodwell Park are the only options at this time of year, but maybe a group could get together and do it! You would have Time to see all of Stratford Then,Do the Night Ghost Walk, Visit Theatre, or just check out the Many Bars :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sure I have forgotten something, but please contact me if there is any other details required. :)

Whatever the weather we can have a good day with plenty of laughs and most importantly get to know each other. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Any more coming? All are welcome :) :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Cheers Anna
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:09 pm

mikexgough wrote:we are up for it if it we can make the date, depends on the weekend.....30/11- no 6 o r7/12- yes, 13/12 - yes 20 or 21/12 yes then its 2009 for us.........Stratford sounds good too

Hi Mike,
Just checking the replys and sorry to see you can't make the 30th. If you decide you can make it, It would be great to meet you. Please try [-o< I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Cheers Anna :)
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:13 pm

Hi Andy,

Notice your'e not on the list as coming. Did we miss you? If so I am so sorry :( We would love to meet you, so hope you can make it. The little Uns will love it :D
When the weather is better we will do a weekend at the waterpark you suggested Feb/Mar

Cheers Anna
andyb36 wrote:is this big brother :oops: :oops: :P

how did you know ive got 2 weeks off ?

i only suggested a place, :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :?:

if the engineering is going the way it is i might have longer :( :( :( :(

i suppose theres never gonna be a perfect date for everyone

andy
Bulwell Bongoleers
Tribal Elder

Post by Bulwell Bongoleers » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi Anna
Sounds like a great day and thanks again for all your hardwork. =D> Cant wait as well, im looking forward to it
Manda
Manda & Andy
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:20 pm

Great! :D
Do you fancy the guided tour and talk, feely touchy thing,and hold beasties, in the Butterfly farm?
Apart from the butterflies that will land on you,They have ponds of Japanese Koi, Biggg Spiders, worker Ants running across threads, Lizards Etc Etc. Well they did last time I was there! And it is very warm.
I Need to get 10 for the guide and book, but otherwise it's as you like :) :) :) Plenty to do

Cheers Anna :D

Bulwell Bongoleers wrote:Hi Anna
Sounds like a great day and thanks again for all your hardwork. =D> Cant wait as well, im looking forward to it
Manda
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:47 pm

Anna has started a new thread here http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 28&t=26948 - I'm therefore locking this thread to make life easier for everybody.
PM me if you need it reopened for any reason :D
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”