Waycar clans tour of Orkney and scotland.

Moderator: Ian

waycar8
Supreme Being

Re: Waycar clans tour of Orkney and scotland.

Post by waycar8 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:06 pm

hank you everyone for your kind comments, orkney has loads of history and ancient burial sites and museums if your into that kind of thing, some really nice coastal views and walks, we have been 2 years on the trot and enjoyed both times. Also theres no midges on orkney so its a bonus, well there is some but only like we get around here, unlike Scotland where you get swarms :evil:
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:40 pm

Great pics - never been to Orkney - hopefully the pilot project on Road Equivalent Taffif get the nod from Mr Salmond and Co and Orkney becomes cheapere to get to :)
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:32 pm

dandywarhol wrote:Great pics - never been to Orkney - hopefully the pilot project on Road Equivalent Taffif get the nod from Mr Salmond and Co and Orkney becomes cheapere to get to :)
pilot project whats that?, if you go on the ferry from Aberdeen it costs £163 one way for 2 adults and 2 kids and the bongo, its cheaper if theres less people and takes 6hrs but they have bars and a cinema ect to pass the time, but if you go on the ferry at Scrabster to orkney its about£60 one way and takes an hour.
Diane
Bongolier

Post by Diane » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 pm

Yeah great pics guys. Tell me then, is lake Windermere in Scotland? :wink:
Also some of those Tan Hill piccies look mighty familiar. You thieving git :wink: :wink: :wink:
Yeah I know its taken me nearly a week to notice but I don't check up on you Yorkshire lot that much. Will in future though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Di
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:03 pm

Great Pitctures. Reminds me of my visit to Orkney six years ago which I did from John'o Groats on a day trip. Saw the usual sites, Skara Brae, Ring of Brodgar and the Italian Chapel. We were given an hour or two off to explore Kirkwall on our own. I was standing outside the cathedral looking at a property board comparing the prices with London where I lived at the time and dreaming of the perfect holiday home. An old guy hobbled up besides me with the aid of his walking stick and struck up a conversation.
I told him that I liked the look of a remote looking cottage on the board, the condition did not bother me as I was an architect and knew how to fix it up. He then asked me if I could row a boat. I said no but I guess that I could learn. He then said that I would need to be a really good rower if I bought that cottage as it was on one of the remotest islands in the Orkney Islands. Bu****er.
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:54 pm

I didn't realise ther was an island called BUTTER on Orkney............................... :?
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:32 pm

Di and Jamie wrote:Yeah great pics guys. Tell me then, is lake Windermere in Scotland? :wink:
Also some of those Tan Hill piccies look mighty familiar. You thieving git :wink: :wink: :wink:
Yeah I know its taken me nearly a week to notice but I don't check up on you Yorkshire lot that much. Will in future though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Di
i know windermere isnt in scotland :lol: , Amanda put all the photos on her laptop and deleted out of the camera, so when i came to upload them on here, they were all over the laptop, so i had to sort through them, But i lost patience and just uploaded them :lol: , Amandas stored the pictures into her tanhill photos, we she saved from here, so i just stuck a few up, didnt Know who ad taken em :lol:

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”