anyone anywhere exciting this weekend

Moderator: Ian

mister munkey
Supreme Being

Re: anyone anywhere exciting this weekend

Post by mister munkey » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:36 pm

I'm in that incredibly rare situation of being home on a Saturday night (although the Bongo aint here), only the fourth time thats happened this year.

I've done a very charitable thing & lent Bongo to a chum for the weekend. Poor chap works 7 days a week as a very good mechanic, hasn't had a holiday for three years & has done me dozens of favours so - he's headed off to Snowdonia with my pride & joy. :shock:

I reckon he'll want to buy himself one by the time he gets back. :)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:25 pm

spent today kite buggying on the beach at bridlington. tomorrow is possibly eventually going on the york eye and monday me and emma are going ape at dolby forest.
mike, jo and emma
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:35 pm

today we tidied the back bedroom out and threw away 6 bin liners full of rubbish,then we moved into the garden shed,there turned out another 5 bags of rubbish,then we went for a bike ride and had to walk all the way back cos mike got a puncture,tomorrow still we are on for a day at dalby forest in the sunshine playing at being monkeys,go ape which shall be fun for me staying put on the ground while watching mike and emma up in the trees,so we have had a quite a busy weekend,would of been nicer if there was a bongo meet somewhere then i wouldnt have had to tidy the room and shed out,well at least its done know,so if your out and about tomorrow have fun at whatever your doing
mike, jo and emma
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:50 pm

Just got back from red lion eaton,, Again..
Nice relaxing weekend, top food but a little sun burnt and hung over, :cry:
Alant54 turned up for a quick pint,,
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:13 pm

yep the weather has behaved itself considering what we have had,glad everyone has kept dry,and had a enjoyable weekend .
ended up inpersonating monkeys,well mike looked more like a silverback gorilla at dolby with a big muddy streak down his back where his zip line landings fluffed up.emma enjoyed herself way up in those trees,while i camcordered on the ground.didnt see any bongos.
mike, jo and emma
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:52 am

Well i restored an old fruit cage - it is now secure - so the perfect home for apes. :lol:
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:14 pm

good one karen i will borrow it to keep my eldest gorilla under control,he is ever so randy at times so he will have to be kept in a cage.he is not house trained(doesnt wash up,doesnt clean or tidy)going slighty bald but very lovable
mike, jo and emma
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: might have to strengthen the monkey bars a bit then.
no - I,m not going to mention his monkey nuts :oops:
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:55 pm

we went to the york maze, nice weather and the kids loved it, well kieren just played on the bouncy pad thing thats half buried in the sand :roll: , we went with 2 other families so it was a good day out for all
chief wiggam

Post by chief wiggam » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:23 pm

pent fri to tues at Skirlington leasure park nr Bridlington......grass was abit boggy but didn't come out of bongo much...lol
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:58 pm

Bongo came home from short term lease yesterday. He had a fantastic time around Snowdonia for three days, for which I'm pleased.

On the other hand, I had an absoultely sh*te time, bored out of my skull staying at home for what seemed the longest weekend ever. :(

On the plus side, my skills on the PS3 have improved no-end!! :)

Spent three days shooting Germans on Medal Of Honour.

8)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Mike Jill and Emily

Post by Mike Jill and Emily » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:11 am

We managed to get the Deep in Hull - I was really impressed with it, we all enjoyed it and would go again. Came home via Brid, Jill asked me if I wanted to fly some kites at Fraisthorpe but the trees were bent double, so we had fish'n'chips in Brid and a go on the Dodgems \:D/
Ozric

Post by Ozric » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:04 pm

Not this weekend because that was last weekend. But! I will be going to the Viking Volks Fest (It's a VW meet) near Northallerton - 26th to 28th Sept.

I was there last year and had a great time with my mates. If you like the old splitties and Bugs well work a stop over £15 to Camp per person kids are free but I forget at what age.

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”