our experiences at the bash

It's at Stourport on Severn 18 to 23 June. Arrange to meet up, ask questions, post photos.......

Moderator: Ian

hogggman
Supreme Being

our experiences at the bash

Post by hogggman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:27 pm

hi all,
after our first bash,i thought i`d share some of our experiences with you all.before the weekend,i`d only met one other bongo owner-nevets-(steve,the AA man at the bash,when he kindly came round to look at my bongo,and then asked me if we were coming to the bash.i didn`t think it was for us,as we`re fairly quiet,me to the point of seeming unsociable if you don`t know me,but a few weeks ago i had a rush of blood and booked with ian for the saturday night.wife not pleased that i hadn`t discussed it with her,and the kids not impressed.
the day of the bash arrives and we get there at 3pm.by the time i park up and emerge from the bongo,there`s someone there,asking if i`m hogggman,and`where`s the infaltable pig,then?`.by this time,being shy and reserved,i`m beginning to wonder if i`ve done the right thing.i hate being the centre of attention and normally go out of my way to avoid speaking to people i don`t know!still,we were there now,and intended enjoying ourselves.
then lionel(dolly1)turned up,and said he`d call by for a drink later,and bob turns up(both of who i`d never met)with a large container of scrumpy.we duly tackled that and quickly got into the swing of things.i blew the pig up and got the pole out,but thought it looked rather sad compared to the huge flagpoles that i could see around me.even so,i put it up and awaited a rush of visitors.sadly i didn`t realise that the pig,in fact looked more like a sheep,but still we got lots of visitors,including people looking around our bongo.
luckily,the weather held off,and we got pleasantly drunk sitting outside the awning,chatting to visitors and passers-by.we then piled into bed but i awoke at 4am with a raging hangover and had to get up as lying down made it worse.anyone up at that time might have seen me staggering about the site,white faced and hood up,walking around because i didn`t know what else to do.i think i thought i was still 18,and drank just a wee bit too much...........!still,it was a cracking night.i wish i had made myself known to more of you.i saw lots of your bongos,but didn`t approach many of you,partly because i was slightly worse for wear......!then again,maybe i was trying to find the source of the`herbal cigarettes`that i kept smelling from time to time..............never did though!
by the time ten o`clock came around i`d recovered and was tucking into sausage bacon and eggs,and was back in the land of the living,vowing never to drink again.............yeh,right!!
throughout saturday and sunday,we had a steady stream of visitors,some of who i didn`t get the name of,but we did get to know nevets(aa man)lionel(dolly1),bob,aitch,harry,graemep,roosteruk,and right before we left on sunday,kirsty turned up to make herself known,and introduced us to someone who was on the way out(forgive me,but i only remember`brazil`in your name).it seemed that every time i met someone,they`d introduce me to someone else`it`s hoggman`they would say.after all the strange or annoying messages i`ve put on here,i wasn`t quite sure if they wanted to shake my hand or strangle me!!
seriously though,what a friendly bunch you all are.where else would you get several hundred,mostly strangers to each other,being so friendly and having such a good time?we are sad to have only been for one night,but will definitely do it again.
thanks to all of you,we made some very very nice friends,and the kids had a great time too.
see you all again soon.
jamie,sharon and family
(or hogggman,mrs hoggg,and the little hoggg-etts)
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Re: our experiences at the bash

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:31 pm

Good to put a name to the face & meet the rest of the family, now go & sort that bl**dy engine knocking noise out :lol:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:33 pm

Brilliant post hogggman, wish i could have made the bash, so we could have been "bashfull"? :lol:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:41 pm

Having dashed down from the Lake District on Saturday afternoon I was really please to find a sheep in residence. Trouble was..even after a sip or 60 of wine I simply couldn't shin up that pole.
Glad you all enjoyed it...it was smashin wasn't it.

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
Bulwell Bongoleers
Tribal Elder

Post by Bulwell Bongoleers » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:26 pm

Hiya. Dont think we met but we met so many friendly people at out first Bongo Bash. We arrived Saturday lunchtime and stayed till lunchtime Sunday. We had a great time and i just wanted to say hi as you aint too many miles away from us.
Manda & Andy
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi manda & andy, welcome to the forum, i missed the bash this year, but i'll be there next year for sure... :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Got to agree, it was brilliant to match up so many names to faces, and welcome Manda and Andy.

We had a good run home Sunday lunch time, 2 pints in the Ring of Bells and were in bed by 21.00, knacked.

Looking forward to the next one. :D
roosteruk

Post by roosteruk » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi Hogman, was great to meet you and thanks for the Gas Bottle.
I hope it wasn't the wine that gave the hangover?

Karl
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:15 pm

Bit gutted I missed so many famous names and apologies to all I missed. Have to leave the boys at home next time or else train them to run the camp so I can go and get rat*rseholed (well a teensy weensy bit mellow anyway). Apologies to all I missed and great to have met those I didn't (they know who they are). And we had The Muz Clan and Harry of the Hills for neighbours....which was nice 8)

We'll be back next year - can't wait :lol:
hogggman
Supreme Being

Post by hogggman » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:06 pm

hi karl,
no,i can`t blame your wine for the hangover.it`s still in my fridge!!
thanks again.i really must get a bigger pig next time.......................
jamie
SparkyBee

Post by SparkyBee » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:26 pm

Hiya all!

This was our first Bash and we really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was great. Everyone was so friendly and laid back. Thanks to:
~ Ian and the rest of the crew for organising everything - you did a great job.
~ Sue and Jane for helping us put that blasted Venice awning up in the gale!
~ Mrs & John the Sparky for letting young Thomas and Ella entertain us on Saturday evening ~ they're SO lovely! (The band were great too!)
~ Everyone who chatted to us (and put up with our nattering too!)

Hope to meet up with you all again soon!

love

Lynn & Chris x
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:41 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:Hi manda & andy, welcome to the forum, i missed the bash this year, but i'll be there next year for sure... :wink:
I've already ordered 250 takeaways to be delivered next June.

No escape next time big fella!!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
gingeback

Post by gingeback » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:20 pm

i am getting really itchy feet, when will there be a bash near here ?? i have been reading hogggmans experiences of his first bash, it sounds a good laugh, and a great way to meet more people..when we do attend one i will warn people we have a young dog who just loves lots of attention and other dogs too....
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:50 pm

Well done jamie on a really good post - I too met loads of new people who I hope I can call friends - like you said - everybody is so friendly and welcoming - I am really looking forward to the next one that I can attend - local to me or further afield fuel prices allowing!!
it was good to say hello even if only in passing - catch you again next year.
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
Bulwell Bongoleers
Tribal Elder

Post by Bulwell Bongoleers » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Hiya mister munkey

Looking forward to that take away next year.... are you buying? hehe
Manda & Andy

Return to “Bongo Bash 2008”