A Day Meet with a twist!!!!!NEW DATE SUNDAY 9TH MARCH 2008

Moderator: Muzorewa

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:05 pm

What a GREAT day we had. Couldn't have asked for better weather given the general forecast - a very pretty day if a little chilly when the sun went in. Must stop brining kids and cooking lunch for them, then I might get to natter a bit more.

Fantastic pics. I agree, those Largos are TASTY. f it wasn't for the versatility of the Bongo, I'd love to go cruising in one of those - a real limo. Interesting there isn't anywhere proper to put the front numberplate (or at least it looked that way).

Many great Bongos there. I was especially struck with Rushmons. Load of unusual quality extras/non standard bits on it and he says it came from Japan like that. He's also done really good work on the interior and home made conversion. Bought from Ian Taylor for a very reasonable (but undisclosable) sum and he sings Ian's praises very highly (which I agree with).

Great to meet some of the faces who I've only known to date from the forum, including the infamous Mister Munkey and Mrs Munkey. Didn't realise he was from Darn Sarf like me.

Big big thanks to Mobilecat for organising those windreaks - they look like real quality at an astoundingly low price.

And a Big big big thanks to Dabs for putting it all together (yet again, there's no stopping the man).

Cripes, BBQ'd on Ainsdale Beach in Feb, Spring sunshine, hail showers and freshly made BLT's at Tatton in early March, Cartmel next weekend. It's going to be a great summer and it's still yonks off . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Managed to get a few pics of the convoy leaving Tatton. Nosedived into the daffodils for an atmospheric shot that sums the day up.

8)
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:55 pm

Ady loves the piccie with the Daffodils. Nearly a perfect picture, but if you like to play spot the difference someone (not mentioning any names) stands out. Umm I wonder.

I realised you had to click on to BIGGERISE. Dum moment for me then?

Excellent Pics Mike. Was the Guy on the Bike a fully paid up member then? or Just a member!!!!!
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:58 pm

ChellandAdy wrote:Was the Guy on the Bike a fully paid up member then? or Just a member!!!!!
Dunno who he was but we were there that long waiting for David Bailey Onb4c He sold me an ice cream on the way past :lol: :lol:

Dabs
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
Hotpot
Supreme Being

Post by Hotpot » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:17 am

ccrobins wrote:ecclescake has also promised to bake lots of ecclescakes for the next meet to keep you all fed ! and even mentioned a bbq if its in summer !

i think we like our food !!
It was nice meeting you ccrobins and ecclescake, what a great day. I love your 'A team' van, I'm a bit jealous :)

You got me thinking, I love food too and eccles cakes are ace. Hmm will have to bring some hotpot down next time!
in the hobnobmobile
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:04 am

Looks like you got lucky with the weather & a good turn out, don't you guys have mud up there? :lol: They're all far too clean & shiny 8) Those Largos do look good I have to admit, but it still don't quite do what a bongo do [-(
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:18 am

Good to meet the usual suspects again, surprisingly good weather considering what had been forecast.

Not many pics from us this time due to arriving late.... :oops:

Some surprisingly successful pics from Muzette – not bad for a 5-year-old with a camera we were going to throw away..... :shock:

......and the reason we were late was that we were somewhere else in the morning.... :roll:

bongoinmad

Post by bongoinmad » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:41 am

:lol:

Great photos.

A great day out ,good to see the crew again and some new faces too.

Jamie&Kirk sorry didnt get to chat, must catch up.....the Stockport posse is growing 8)

Hatris thanks for the magnetic strip ...really appreciate it well done for sourcing I just need to apply it now ...another Bongo job.

I love these meets but I end up with a list of jobs to do as long as my arm .

I blame Roosteruk for most of them though ...Thanks Karl for your dedication to my Bongo ...Bling Bling Bling !!

See you in Cartmel ..I have booked for saturday night ...me and Jack

Pete has to stay home to look after all the animals at Stockport zoo :cry:

Well done Dabs for organising this one

Mikeon4bc Jack can't wait to catch up with Will again ,they have swapped mobile numbers ....not sure why coz Jack never has any credit :roll:

Dawn Pete and Jack
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:32 am

That unsuspecting couple on the bikes with the hi viz jackets with their 2 kids were out for an innocent ride in the park from Knutsford and saw the bongos and came over for a chat. An hour later they had been in the roofs, seen the beds, spoken to many people and Mrs hi viz was saying 'I will sell my car and get a bongo'.

Well done Mike and co.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:50 pm

Your 5yr old is a gited photographer Muzo, I kid you not!!!

The Hi Viz family would love a copy of that photo, with their daughter making a little wave, and all those beaming faces. 8)
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:57 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:Your 5yr old is a gited photographer Muzo, I kid you not!!!

The Hi Viz family would love a copy of that photo, with their daughter making a little wave, and all those beaming faces. 8)
I was also thinking what a lovely photo - shame the other daughter wasn't in it though. We can let them have it when they join - I feel Hi viz mum may be lurking on here already - quick - sign up :)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:09 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:Your 5yr old is a gited photographer Muzo, I kid you not!!!
Muz Jr took to it well, always had an eye for a shot even at 7 years old, but Muzette picked up that camera which was going in the bin and started clicking away. I have to say that the one of the assembled throng is impressive from a kid :?

Plus I told her off for trying to take a pic of my reg from a ridiculously close range and that it wouldn't come out. Of course, it came out just fine :roll:
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:12 pm

Where is that lovely photo of me she took? Funny face - very cool photo
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:19 pm

mobilecat wrote:Where is that lovely photo of me she took? Funny face - very cool photo
I'll gladly publish that one if you wish :twisted:

She didn't frame it well (5-year olds :roll: ) so you're not all there. Perhaps she's trying to tell us something we already know :lol:
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:23 pm

Muzorewa wrote:
mobilecat wrote:Where is that lovely photo of me she took? Funny face - very cool photo
I'll gladly publish that one if you wish :twisted:

She didn't frame it well (5-year olds :roll: ) so you're not all there. Perhaps she's trying to tell us something we already know :lol:
Yeh I'm up for a laugh - go for it!
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Ok - might be as late as tomorrow morning, though, as my home pc is offline. But - my new router has been delivered today, so if it's easy to set up then I might get it posted tonight.
Router............easy to set up..........

..........So that will be tomorrow morning, then :wink:

Return to “North West”