Big thank you and more......

This year's UK National will once again be held in Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, from Wednesday 21st to Monday 26th June

Moderator: Ian

samuel
Bongolier

Big thank you and more......

Post by samuel » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:02 pm

A massive thank you to Ian, Marianne and their terrific team of helpers for making this another great national bash.

In particular thank you to Ian and those who helped us find a bongo garage in Southampton on the Friday as our radiator had sprung a leak! We had travelled from Cornwall to Southampton on Thursday night for my wife's stepfathers funeral which was taking place on Friday morning. The intention was to then drive onto Stourport after the wake. However just before the funeral we stopped off at ASDA only to come out and find a pool of anti-freeze in front of the Bongo. Lifted the bonnet and sure enough steam was issuing from the top. I contacted Ian by phone and he set about finding Bongo recommended garages close to us. My nephews also knew of some and we eventually contacted Jap Tech who quite simply said, "Yes bring it over and we will have it done in a couple of hours". I couldn't believe it. Here we were stuck in grief for our dear John and people were bending over backwards to help us. We completed the funeral dropped the van off, returned for the wake and a couple of hours later the Bongo was ready for collection.

The day was particularly sad because we had lost a dear member of our family. We have of course many happy memories but this was the day to say goodbye. It could have been a lot worse but for the selfless efforts of people around us as we could have been stuck in Southampton for days. So a massive thank you once again and a massive thank you and recommendation in particular for Shaun at Jap Tech in Southampton.

Once again the fraternity that is the Bongo Fury club shines through once again. I will thank Jap Tech separately as they deserve special mention.
"Living the Dream"
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Big thank you and more......

Post by Bob » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss, but great to hear of such good service, and many peeps helping out. =D>
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi Bob

Thanks for your reply. Missed Sue and yourself at the bash this year. I forgot to mention that it was bled that well i haven't had to top it up in a 400 miles. That's about the mileage we covered this weekend since having it fixed. It hasn't dropped a millimetre. These guys know what they are doing.

Catch up with you sometime.

Cheers

Tim
"Living the Dream"
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:56 pm

Thanks Tim

Yes we really missed Stourport but double booked at Bromyard Gala.

Look forward to catching up. :D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:31 pm

V sorry for your loss but what a great silver lining.
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:41 am

A truly heartening story at a dreadful time.
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD

Return to “Bongo Bash 2017”