Thank you everyone!

This year's bash will once again be at Stourport-on-Severn and will run from Wednesday 22nd June to Sunday 27th.

Moderator: Ian

cmm303
Supreme Being

Re: Thank you everyone!

Post by cmm303 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:30 pm

Possibly my only regret is not putting more real faces to forum names. :(
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
marionw
Bongolier

Post by marionw » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Arrived back home about 2 hours ago, all unpacked.
Had a great few days, nice atmosphere all around.
Thanks Ian and Marianne for all the work organising it.

Marion. aka Storm Trooper.
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi Jilly,
No I wasn't in the line up. I didn't even see it until the photos appeared on FB. There was a day visitor on Sunday same colour as mine who spoke to me. We arrived late Friday night and had awning to put up etc. We managed to get most of the setting up done before it got dark. Saturday we were off on the coach trip. Sunday I thought we would drive over to where we thought you would be . We got side tracked with Comfort Leisure and before I knew we were on the road. I said to my friend Geoff blast I forgot to seek out Jilly and Bob and Sue. You may not have been there by then anyway. I did manage to say hi to Mary but didn't see her again after that. That array of bongos in all colours looked impressive. I like the eyes on them too. They are temping aren't they. :D What colour would you go for?
Cazzy
Art of Wax ( Facebook page)
"Art is a pigment of your imagination". (Darcy Gerdes)
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:31 pm

I agree more faces to forum names would have been good. Time flew by so fast.
Cazzy
Tertiary
Bongolier

Post by Tertiary » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:30 pm

I also have to say a massive Thanks to Ian for letting us gate crash the party for the day, New Dawn for the swivel seat conversion, Jillygumbo for being Bob's delivery service and everyone we spoke to... What a wonderful day we had and really enjoyed meeting and chatting to such a friendly crowd of like minded people.. =D> =D>

We will definitely return next year!! :D
Paul

Today is a good day - tomorrow will be better
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:31 pm

cazzyblues wrote:Hi Jilly,
No I wasn't in the line up. I didn't even see it until the photos appeared on FB. There was a day visitor on Sunday same colour as mine who spoke to me. We arrived late Friday night and had awning to put up etc. We managed to get most of the setting up done before it got dark. Saturday we were off on the coach trip. Sunday I thought we would drive over to where we thought you would be . We got side tracked with Comfort Leisure and before I knew we were on the road. I said to my friend Geoff blast I forgot to seek out Jilly and Bob and Sue. You may not have been there by then anyway. I did manage to say hi to Mary but didn't see her again after that. That array of bongos in all colours looked impressive. I like the eyes on them too. They are temping aren't they. :D What colour would you go for?
I only went offsite at 3pm on Saturday for a couple of hours. And I stayed on Sunday until around 4pm waiting for a friend to arrive. Bob and Sue left at about 10 am on Sunday. I even missed the AGM this year due to "things" being done to Tonto.

Those eyes are wonderful screen covers, but not cheap I understand from Thea (purple one).
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
sotal
Supreme Being

Post by sotal » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:42 pm

Jillygumbo wrote:
sotal wrote:Just wanted to say a quick thank you to those that organised the bash and to all those who were there!

It was a fantastic weekend - we really enjoyed ourselves. Looking forward to next year now!

We were over towards the back, big grey roof box (as per avatar photo), slightly bonkers black dog (apologies to anyone he jumped up at!) and 2 kids.
Ah ha! Was that the little friendly dog that loves cuddles! You weren't far from me, were you! I was the one with the mad chocolate lab!
Probably! He's a Lab x Collie. He loves cuddles all the time - he's a big baby! Half the time he is a chilled out lazy Lab, the other half he's a bonkers Collie!

We could see a chocolate lab in the back corner of the field - although it seemed positively calm in comparison to ours!
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:38 pm

Yes! Big thanks from me and my 2 boys, great weekend great to meet old friends and new ones.
Stu
Do what you like.Like what you do.
sotal
Supreme Being

Post by sotal » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:46 pm

stuc wrote:Yes! Big thanks from me and my 2 boys, great weekend great to meet old friends and new ones.
Stu
Good to have a chat with you outside the bouncy castle at the fairground!
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Hi Folks, I was well impressed with Stuc's green paint job. It was great meeting you Stuart and the boys. It was nice to put a face to the person I have been commuting with on the forum.
All the very best
Dave and Roseanne
The Janner Vanner
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:36 pm

Jilly, I hope this is the start of your BLINGING era. You did the right thing, Chrome mirror covers or getting very rare and you got a good price from Ady. As is front Bumpers. I called in to Vospers as I was told they can supply one. £340! The gaffa tape is going to be used for some time yet. I just need to find one on ebay.

Dave
The Janner Vanner
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:53 pm

Thanks for the comments David and Sotal
Do what you like.Like what you do.
grey fellah
Bongonaut

Post by grey fellah » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:10 am

well done ian & your crew another brilliant bash, many thanks
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:52 am

i have to add my thanks to the team, ian and marianne, and all the others who generally go unnoticed but do all the work while ian gets the bacon and burgers. marianne i know was struggling a little with the infected ankles, (thanks for the loan of the cream). the teams on reception particularly did a great job.

well done to all. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:30 am

Jillygumbo wrote:
cazzyblues wrote:Hi Jilly,
I only went offsite at 3pm on Saturday for a couple of hours. And I stayed on Sunday until around 4pm waiting for a friend to arrive. Bob and Sue left at about 10 am on Sunday. I even missed the AGM this year due to "things" being done to Tonto.

Those eyes are wonderful screen covers, but not cheap I understand from Thea (purple one).
Hi Jilly, we headed off about 3.30 and meant to drive round and find you and Bob before leaving the site. Bob was gone by then. I blame Comfort Leisure hahaha. Yes those eyes are pricey I think. We missed the AGM too as we wanted to get awning down before it rained as I have nowhere to dry it out at home.
See you soon on a campsite sometime, somewhere. lol. :D
Cazzy

Return to “Bongo Bash 2016”