Report Back From AGM

This year's Bash will be held from Wednesday 24th to Sunday 29th June. Once again the location is our spiritual home at Stourport in Worcestershire.

Moderator: Ian

Ian
Supreme Being

Report Back From AGM

Post by Ian » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:14 am

Here are the main matters arising

1) Club finances: we currently have a surplus of £2,638 compared to a deficit last year of £1,271.
2) 237 vehicles turned up at the Bash. There were also lots of day visitors on Saturday. Next year a £2 charge will be made for day visitors and friend/family vehicles. This will be donated to the "Bongo the Elephant" fund.
3) The venues for next year's meetings were announced (see http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 37&t=69277)
4) Following the success yet again of Saturday night's band, especially their rendition of Silver Machine, The Festival Experience have been re-booked for next year.
5) Congratulations to Simon Jones for being awarded Bongonaut of the Year (more at http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 30#p658582)
6) Jeff Fordham proposed a rule change. It is a sign that should be made to other Bongo drivers to acknowledge that you are an ex-Bongo owner. The Rules Committee will examine this proposal and report back.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Report Back From AGM

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:43 pm

Ian wrote:Here are the main matters arising

1) Club finances: we currently have a surplus of £2,638 compared to a deficit last year of £1,271.
2) 237 vehicles turned up at the Bash. There were also lots of day visitors on Saturday. Next year a £2 charge will be made for day visitors and friend/family vehicles. This will be donated to the "Bongo the Elephant" fund.
3) The venues for next year's meetings were announced (see http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 37&t=69277)
4) Following the success yet again of Saturday night's band, especially their rendition of Silver Machine, The Festival Experience have been re-booked for next year.
5) Congratulations to Simon Jones for being awarded Bongonaut of the Year (more at http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 30#p658582)
6) Jeff Fordham proposed a rule change. It is a sign that should be made to other Bongo drivers to acknowledge that you are an ex-Bongo owner. The Rules Committee will examine this proposal and report back.
Interesting stuff. Looking at (2), is it possible that this years freebies might become next years members and Bash bookers. Wouldn't want a £2 entrance fee to put anyone off (don't think the cash would but the message it sends might). Sorry I didn't make the AGM - too behind on packing up as usual after talking to lots of people about Bongo stuff - no change there then, except I'm getting older and even slower :lol:
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:56 pm

Ummm .. Maybe my intentions where right ... but I was not doing the right thing myself ..

I used to attend quite a few TEOC meets .. even a couple with .. the "other Bongo" one..

With my sons poor health (he as not been out of this room for 18 months now) there as been no chance of even making a cuppa in my Bongo ..let alone get the drive away out of the shed ..!!

So I 'contribute' what I can on Bongo Fury .... also several Face book sites .. where I have been plugging the Bongo Bash .. it's dedicated / communicative / knowledgeable / approachable / members for several weeks now .. even posting up links / postcodes / maps to Stourport ..

Strange really as it was on my mind if this interested poster made it .. if so what they thought ..??

http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/view ... 80&t=69766
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:23 pm

Yes they did make it and I think they did a deal on a Bongo that was for sale there, a JAL one with side-lifting roof
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:30 pm

Sounds like my V6 ... but it wasn't mine ..!!

But another convert .. so well worth the effort ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:19 am

Ian wrote: Jeff Fordham proposed a rule change. It is a sign that should be made to other Bongo drivers to acknowledge that you are an ex-Bongo owner. The Rules Committee will examine this proposal and report back.
Can anyone remember what Jeff's proposed sign was?
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:48 am

Washing windscreen while making strange hand signals? Or is that a degree of the Masons?
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Wasn't it wind down the window and point to the roof?

Return to “Bongo Bash 2015”