Day Visitor

Once again we will be returning to Stourport on Severn for our annual rally.

Moderator: Ian

bongobaz
Tribal Elder

Re: Day Visitor

Post by bongobaz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:19 pm

I didn't talk to anyone, make eye contact , help with awnings, fix jewellery,introduce people, shake handsmeet nice new folks,litter pick, mop bogs, teach Alex things, Knit and natter,do crafts, cook food , wear a t shirt with my name on or display a big sign in my van, drink beer and Dance like a Tazered loon in a home made poncho.
So i will not be doing these things next year either.
Always be ready for a Top Up!
boyfrombrasil
Bongolier

Post by boyfrombrasil » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Ian wrote:
mikeWalsall wrote:Why not get some cheap clip on lapel name tags from WH Smiths .. Staples .. Viking office supplies etc:

Easy to write your real / forum name on them .. even .. VISITOR .. membership number .. pitch number .. or what have you ..
A few years ago at the Bash I bought 200 blank badges that you could write your name on, handed them out to everyone on arrival, only to find nobody wore them at all.
I wear Tee-Shirts with my forum name on O:) so how about handing out several hundred blank shirts and a marker pen next time Ian :twisted: :P .............. ](*,)
Bongo-ing. The beginning of life as Susie and I now know it...
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:53 pm

When we did the convoy across the forth bridge at the bongo birthday do 2012 my wife russled up some laminated ids for the bongo windows for a mere pittance as stuc says it saved a lot of hassle.i was myself about to walk past a veh then noticed his forum name and spoke to them ie a nice breaker
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Advertising your details is a personal matter.....some people do...some don't......I do so people know who I am on the forum.......it does help to know people who you see on the forum but don't know who is who..... :shock:

In the North West most people had their forum name on their Bongo and at meets they would have people coming up and saying so you are so and so.....?

There was one NW member who had a number plate made with his forum name and put it on his Bongo when camping.......often forgetting to take it off when going home.... :lol:

Knowing peoples forum name is a great help but as I said it is a personal matter.... :?

Alan

PS Ian I remember the badge me and it was disappointing that nobody took part....I did...but you made the effort.... =D>
Alan...still plodding on....!
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:20 pm

I have my forum name, avatar and real name on a laminated sheet of A4, which I stick in my windscreen. Sadly, although I didn't notice until leaving, it had fallen off :oops: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Do what you like.Like what you do.
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:16 pm

mikeWalsall wrote:Maybe talking to ourselves any way ... FrustratedofTW ...

Last visited: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:48 pm
Total posts: 1

Totally agree Mike.......this smells of fowl play from somewhere in the NW.... :twisted:

Alan
Alan...still plodding on....!
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Happy to do laminated signs next year for peeps vans if it helps. Maybe run a list of those who are happy to have their name put on their van and a few weeks before the bash, I can make them. If peeps want something flash with picture on it they can send me an A4 document and I'lll sort out laminating it.

Just need to be reminded a month of so before the next bash.
I love cheese!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:04 pm

Realy kind offer, Cat, thanks. =D>
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:09 pm

I bet you that 75% of the people at the Bash don't even have a Forum name.....
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Might not be worth doing one for FrustratedofTW. :lol:
boyfrombrasil
Bongolier

Post by boyfrombrasil » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:36 pm

alant54 wrote:
mikeWalsall wrote:Maybe talking to ourselves any way ... FrustratedofTW ...

Last visited: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:48 pm
Total posts: 1

Totally agree Mike.......this smells of fowl play from somewhere in the NW.... :twisted:

Alan
If that is the case, then all he has acheived is a plethora of positive posts which have produced something totally the oposite of his original plans...
Bongo-ing. The beginning of life as Susie and I now know it...
Labiathon
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Labiathon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:43 pm

We came to the Bongo Bash - first timers - and had a lovely day on Sunday. We realised that there might be an early pack up before we came, but it was lovely to meet some of you and we plan to come down to Looe if work commitments allow (husband is a shift worker). We are owners of the Brawny - and my husband (and me!) were so chuffed at the warm welcome you extended and lovely positive comments. So thanks guys, we hope to see you all in September and to make some new friends over a beer or three! A lot of hard work goes into the Bongo Fury website, and its a shame that something negative was posted.... we had a Freda before the Brawny and used the site for so much research and info, as do our Bongonaut friends. Thank you! =D>
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi Labiathon

I was the guy who was packing up and had a chat with you both. I admired the Brawny you own which must be very rare and took a couple of photos as it was interesting to note our Bongos are both 'M' plates. The end of one model and the beginning of the another. When I suss Photobucket out again i'll post the photos. Quite a few of you turned up with other Bongos and looked a right cheerful bunch. Hopefully you can make Looe and if so we will see you there.

Tim
"Living the Dream"
kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Post by kingbillybongo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Well I had a lousy time last year,bongo baz didn't make us feel welcome and we didn't enjoy his company nor did I meet the legendary muz family who also didn't make us feel welcome or so many others who completely ignored us when passing by billy or out and about site and town.nor did we meet jim the box who we spent a terrible impromptu Sunday evening with.
We was not absolutely gutted we could not be there this year ,I much more prefer to be working away with no holiday this year so far.and I won't be busting a gut to get there next year. :^o :^o :^o :^o ah reverse psychology me thinks.

PROBABLY THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD =D> =D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol:
[color=#0000BF]billybongofreedom[/color]

Return to “Bongo Bash 2014”