Thanks

This year's main event will be held at Stourport on Severn, Worcestershire. It starts on Wednesday 19 June and runs through to the following Monday. You must be a paid up member of the club to attend, although non-members are welcome as day visitors. We have room for 300 Bongos on site. Children & dogs welcome!

Moderator: Ian

RDCol
Bongonaut

Thanks

Post by RDCol » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi,
Dropped in at the Bash as a day visitor on Saturday looking for inspiration and information. My wife was not convinced upon arrival as the weather was pretty poor and all her miserable UK camping memories came flooding (excuse the pun) back. Had a good chat with few different people and by the time we left our plan to buy a Bongo was cemented. Some great technical/buying advise was given and the members passion for their Bongos was amazing. Many thanks to Team Muz and Tony Flint (I forgot your username sorry) in particular for being so welcoming of two complete strangers who did nothing but fire questions and keep you standing in the rain whilst we poked around your Bongos. What a great club. =D> =D> =D> =D>
We will be there in our own van next year, just got to decide on which conversion now. :?
Cheers
RDCol
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Thanks

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:43 pm

No problem at all, it's what we do. Most Bongoists are quite happy to show their van off to anyone remotely interested :D

Team Muz
redzebrahove
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Thanks

Post by redzebrahove » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:48 pm

We didn't get to meet you, but as a new Bongonaut just home from my first National bash I would say 'Go for it and enjoy'
Good luck in your quest.

Comparing notes with others, we all agreed that converting in a small space involves compromise. There is no perfect solution. But we all love our vans :P And discussing potential purchases of solar panels, bike rack and inflatable kayaks with knowledgeable Bongonauts was a great help. Thanks to all of you who took the time to share your experience with us.

And may we add our thanks to Ian, the team, and all the lovely people we met over the weekend. Brilliant fun. We love Bongoing even better than we expected to :D

Sheila & Neil
You know when you've been Bongoed

Return to “Bongo Bash 2013”