Just got back...

This year's main event will be held at Stourport on Severn, Worcestershire. It starts on Wednesday 19 June and runs through to the following Monday. You must be a paid up member of the club to attend, although non-members are welcome as day visitors. We have room for 300 Bongos on site. Children & dogs welcome!

Moderator: Ian

nicxf
Bongolier

Just got back...

Post by nicxf » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:48 pm

...From my first ever Bongo Bash. I had a lovely time! =D> It was a great event, brilliant live music on both Friday and Saturday night, and the best thing was how friendly everyone was! :D

On arrival, when I said I couldn't walk well, the brilliant Ian found me a pitch nice and close to all the entertainments, and both my neighbours were really lovely - huge thanks to Dave and Ann for welcoming me and inviting me to join them for meals, and to my neighbours on the other side (whose names I have sadly forgotten :oops: ) who kindly helped me carry my chair about - as did a couple of other random kind people. What a lovely bunch! =D>

And another massive thanks to the overworked but very kind Northern Bongolow, who fitted PhoebeFreda's coolant alarm and pressure tested the system, so I know that all is working nicely. Cheers Ade! =D> =D>

I also owe an apology to someone in a black Bongo towing a caravan, who I overtook on the way back, and mistook their indicator signal as a hello, when they actually wanted to pull out.... *shuffles feet* sorry guys... :oops: ...got all carried away at seeing all the bongos! :?
stuc
Supreme Being

Re: Just got back...

Post by stuc » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Just got back too, from 2nd bash. Was better this year as I recognised more people and was surprised at how many remembered me. Great weekend with like minded people, what is it with the weather on this weekend though?, didnt spoil anything though.
Do what you like.Like what you do.
Klunk
Bongonaut

Post by Klunk » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Just got back ourselves from our first bash. Only done Sat - Today but will definitely be back again next year for more. Would like to say a big thanks to everyone, especially KingBillyBongo, finally putting a face to the name, The Scottish gentleman and his lady wife, sorry did not catch your name but your lending of clamps got me out of a mess with my first awning erection (ooo err missus!) and to our lovely neighbours from the Valleys :) and to Chris ??? who had to wander over to watch the carnage with the awning. We got there in the end :lol: . How hard can it be to feed that damn awning bead in a length of figure of eight??

Thanks to Ian for organising such a great bash =D> . The site is very good and the setting top class. Hope to see you all again soon :)
Bongo A person or animal that has deep rooted psychological or mental illness.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:41 pm

Home too, may have been us since we have a black AFT and caravan, only remember a silver Bongo passing us, but no conflict.

3 Tons means we look. :wink:

Fantastic Bash, as always, they just get gooder and gooderer. :D :D :D
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:13 pm

I would also like to add a big thanks to Ian and everyone else who helped make a great weekend. =D> =D>
Do what you like.Like what you do.
beachguild
Bongonaut

Post by beachguild » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:22 pm

Glad you enjoyed the weekend Nic - it was no problem "adopting" you as part of the Lewis clan for the weekend. We especially enjoyed being serenaded by the tin whistle over breakfast on Sunday - you play it very well. :D

I'll just add my thanks to Ian and all the other volunteers for making this another really good bash - our ninth and the ninth at Lickhill. 8)
Dave Lewis
Transit Driving Bongoer
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi glad you enjoyed(this is the Scottish guy)not a gentleman sir.grant I think is your name it was a pleasure to talk and meet you both and that's the things you find in the bongo gang all peeps help one and another
Regards Gordon and fiona
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:18 pm

great bash as usual, thanks to ian, marianne, and the noise police carol, :) and the other volunteers for their hard work thanks guys.

hope the green bongo aft on the hard shoulder with several other vehicles, with a rear bike rack, at northwich M6 north 13.30 mon is ok, i would have stopped to assist but it looked a little busy (and the bizzies were there).

special thanks to the nice couple who had the black boxter S conv, who gave my ten year old a spin round the local lanes. dont think she will forget that day. =D> =D> .
MT Tank
Bongolier

Post by MT Tank » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi
I got back today at lunch time, luckly only 1 12 hours for me to get back.

well done Ian, Marianne and all the other helpers, was an awesome week end, with a great finish off on Sunday night in the marque.

great to see old faces and to meet new ones.

Thanks again

Trish
kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Post by kingbillybongo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:42 pm

Got back about 5ish.well,what can I say?absolutely fantastic bash.great company,brilliant site and area,great entertainment right down to the impromptu Sunday night get together. =D> =D> =D> met some lovely people including muz family and of course the wonderful bongo baz who made us very welcome when we arrived on wed!(you can plug your fridge in any time LOL)to every one we met,a big thank you for making it a out standing experience(just too many to mention).well done to all those who organised and volunteered in making it a great success =D> =D> we are very much looking forward to the next one and any others we can get to. :D :D :D
Finally ,great to finally meet fellow east coast bongonauts,klunk and Francophile ,lets keep the flag flying :lol: :lol: hope to see u all again very soon
Campbell and aileen :D :D
[color=#0000BF]billybongofreedom[/color]
nicxf
Bongolier

Post by nicxf » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks beachguild, I'd better start practising some new tunes on the whistle for next year! Unleas I've got the hang of my harmonica by then... :lol:

Bob, could well have been you! :oops: Was all very friendly anyway.

And yes, massive thanks to the organisers, it was a great first weekend away for me and PhoebeFreda.
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Apologies, I should have posted yesterday, but was felled by a migraine and am just returning to life. I had a fantastic time and an amazing Birthday celebration. Who else gets a Marquee, a band and 175 Bongos plus their owners. =D>

Thank you for all the presents and the cards. Plus all the bottles of booze. It was unbelievable.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:57 am

New Forest Terrier wrote:Apologies, I should have posted yesterday, but was felled by a migraine and am just returning to life. I had a fantastic time and an amazing Birthday celebration. Who else gets a Marquee, a band and 175 Bongos plus their owners. =D>

Thank you for all the presents and the cards. Plus all the bottles of booze. It was unbelievable.
Glad you had a great time and memorable Birthday :) As the Loreal add says "you're worth it"!

Hope the migraine eases off

Cat
I love cheese!
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:16 am

:-k I would doubt it eases off for long,
Mary is going along with us and other Bongo peeps to two more music festivals in the next 3 weekends #-o
........I'ts hard work enjoying yourself :lol:
cheers! party on dudes.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:46 pm

nicxf wrote:...From my first ever Bongo Bash. I had a lovely time! =D> It was a great event, brilliant live music on both Friday and Saturday night, and the best thing was how friendly everyone was! :D

On arrival, when I said I couldn't walk well, the brilliant Ian found me a pitch nice and close to all the entertainments, and both my neighbours were really lovely - huge thanks to Dave and Ann for welcoming me and inviting me to join them for meals, and to my neighbours on the other side (whose names I have sadly forgotten :oops: ) who kindly helped me carry my chair about - as did a couple of other random kind people. What a lovely bunch! =D>

And another massive thanks to the overworked but very kind Northern Bongolow, who fitted PhoebeFreda's coolant alarm and pressure tested the system, so I know that all is working nicely. Cheers Ade! =D> =D>

I also owe an apology to someone in a black Bongo towing a caravan, who I overtook on the way back, and mistook their indicator signal as a hello, when they actually wanted to pull out.... *shuffles feet* sorry guys... :oops: ...got all carried away at seeing all the bongos! :?
Hi Nic - I was sat beside you for the charity auction - I was one of the vicars! I believe I am correct, yes?
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!

Return to “Bongo Bash 2013”