Nominated Charity

This year's main event will be held at Stourport on Severn, Worcestershire. It starts on Wednesday 19 June and runs through to the following Monday. You must be a paid up member of the club to attend, although non-members are welcome as day visitors. We have room for 300 Bongos on site. Children & dogs welcome!

Moderator: Ian

joca
Bongonaut

Re: Nominated Charity

Post by joca » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:39 pm

Acorns is a local charity. Iam a Aston Villa Fan [ No insults as this for charity]
Aston Villa do a lot for Acorns. If Ian would get intouch with Aston Villa and mentiond that they were doing a charity raising event for Acorns. Iam sure that they would donate some merchentise or even ask a player to attend. Acorns as my vote anyway. But I will back what ever is chosen. :D
JDS
Bongolier

Post by JDS » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 pm

My nomination is :-
"The HeartLung Transplant Fund" at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.

As a lot of you know I owe a lot of thanks to the above as nine months ago (just a few day after attending last years Stourport Bash) I received a lifesaving double Lung Transplant at the QE.
Any monies given to fund allow the hospital to continue to play a significant role in the continuance of leading cutting edge research and clinical care within the HeartLung Transplant Unit at the QE Birmingham.
The Heart and Transplant Fund is divided into two. One half of donations are used to purchase equipment that are used directly to enhance transplant patient care. The other half is to fund vital research to help future heart and lung transplant recipients and to also expand the donor pool.
The QE Birmingham covers a massive area From Cornwall in the South, Derbyshire in the East Manchester in the North and all of Wales. so while being local to Stourport is is still a UK wide facility. The research being of Worldwide importance.

Please also see http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... =2&t=60383
Thanks for your support.
Dave & Jeanette
Auto-sleeper Broadway EL Duo Motorhome (A very overgrown Bongo)
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Poohbear wrote:You will need to pick a specific Air Ambulance because they are all seprate charities such as Midlands Air Ambulance for example.

If I can have another nomination how about the Blood Bikes http://www.severnfreewheelers.co.uk/
blood bikes
take it easy drive a bongo
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:14 am

One of my local pubs used to run a quiz night with no prize money in aid of Guide dogs for the Blind.....these nights were well supported and various customers volunteered to be quizmaster for the night.

One night a well known local character was the quizmaster and having been in the pub for some time started the quiz with the announcement.........Welcome to tonights quiz in aid of.....BLIND DOGS FOR THE GUIDES.....which raised a cheer :D :D .......but as it happened the local Guide leader was taking part in the quiz and quickly stated that the Guides did not have much use for BLIND DOGS.. :shock: ...well.....after that a great night was had by all..... =D> .

All in all a very worthy cause as the pub used to be visited by the dogs they had sponsored and their very grateful owners.......very heartwarming..... :)

So many worthy causes that would benefit from a huge lottery win by me.....I do not need millions of pounds to make me happy...but others do.. :)
Alan...still plodding on....!
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue May 07, 2013 12:42 am

JDS wrote:My nomination is :-

As a lot of you know I owe a lot of thanks to the above as nine months ago (just a few day after attending last years Stourport Bash) I received a lifesaving double Lung Transplant at the QE.
Any monies given to fund allow the hospital to continue to play a significant role in the continuance of leading cutting edge research and clinical care within the HeartLung Transplant Unit at the QE Birmingham.
The Heart and Transplant Fund is divided into two. One half of donations are used to purchase equipment that are used directly to enhance transplant patient care. The other half is to fund vital research to help future heart and lung transplant recipients and to also expand the donor pool.
The QE Birmingham covers a massive area From Cornwall in the South, Derbyshire in the East Manchester in the North and all of Wales. so while being local to Stourport is is still a UK wide facility. The research being of Worldwide importance.

Thanks for your support.
Well,IM NOW CHANGING MY VOTE.......
.Although i fully support my nomination,this weekend gone i had the pleasure of seeing a previously VERY VERY ill bongoer,looking fantasticly healthy after a double lung transplant,after being on deaths door last year.
So my vote now goes to JDS`s nomination,as i think it would be appropriate to support a charity that has touched one of our own ,AND saved his life.......Nuff said!

Im sure all the causes/charities mentioned are worthy causes,but for the above reasons,come on,get behind me !!!!

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue May 07, 2013 9:57 am

668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Tue May 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Bongoplod wrote:
JDS wrote:My nomination is :-

Thanks for your support.
Well,IM NOW CHANGING MY VOTE.......
.Although i fully support my nomination,this weekend gone i had the pleasure of seeing a previously VERY VERY ill bongoer,looking fantasticly healthy after a double lung transplant,after being on deaths door last year.
So my vote now goes to JDS`s nomination,as i think it would be appropriate to support a charity that has touched one of our own ,AND saved his life.......Nuff said!

Im sure all the causes/charities mentioned are worthy causes,but for the above reasons,come on,get behind me !!!!

Brian
Me too, JDS looks amazing and they do a fantastic jot at the QE
I love cheese!
Clemina

Post by Clemina » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:08 pm

Marie Curie. I don't know what I'd have done without them when I lost my mom to cancer. Just halo get her out of that horrible hospital to somewhere to die peacefully

Return to “Bongo Bash 2013”