Regional BBQ Clumber Park.

For Leicestershire, Lincs & Notts

Moderator: francophile1947

windywatson
Tribal Elder

Regional BBQ Clumber Park.

Post by windywatson » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Hi all,

Well been giving it some thought about a meet up that may be in a good location for our area that would have something for members to do on the day as well as meeting other members. So I have a suggestion to make, perhaps Clumber Park would be good. They have a lot to offer on site. You can bring your dog if you have one, as plenty of places to walk them. Bring your bike & use some of the cycle tracks. Cafe on site & park is great for walking.
They do now have a specific location for visitors to meet up who want to BBQ & it's also a good area for children to play if you have family to come along. You do have to pay to take a vehicle into the park, not sure how much that is. If your a National Trust member parking is free.
I'm suggesting the weekend of 1st or 2nd August. I'm happy to bring a BBQ if folks want to leave that to someone else, just bring what you would like to eat/drink.
I would suggest meeting up at BBQ enclosure about 11:00.
If interested please let me know your preference, or if you can make either. Once I have had some feedback about numbers on which day suites most I will let those interest know which day it will be.

Feed back please.

Cheers
Richard
Windy-Watson
2001 V6 Tin Top
Cab-ova pete
Bongolier

Re: Regional BBQ Clumber Park.

Post by Cab-ova pete » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi Richard I'm deffo interested in the clumber park jobby :) do you know what's happening with the Derbyshire meet? There was also talk about Rutland waters? Looking forward to it :D
redz79
Bongonaut

Post by redz79 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi Richard
we'd be up for a day meet , not been to clumber park for ages . the thread for the Derbyshire weekend seems to have died , it would be great to get a bit more action going in the midlands area .
rgds Ian
windywatson
Tribal Elder

Post by windywatson » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi all,

Had a fair few number of views but not much response yet. Thanks to those who have taken the time to read the post. And thanks to those who have expressed an intrest.
So I think a decision needs to be made on the date so that those who may be intrested know what date it will be on.
Karen & I will be going on the Sunday, so if your intrested join us on that day. We'll be there waiting to see who turns up. Think 11:00 would be a good time to kick off.

Cheers

Richard & Karen.
Windy-Watson
2001 V6 Tin Top

Return to “East Midlands”