Future meeting.

For Leicestershire, Lincs & Notts

Moderator: francophile1947

windywatson
Tribal Elder

Future meeting.

Post by windywatson » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:42 pm

Well many moons ago I had Ian set up this thread/group as I thought there were increasing numbers in the region that might like to meet up. However my intentions to try and arrange meets etc have been minimal to say the least. At the time I set up the regional group I had a good job & time at weekends to dedicate to perhaps organising some meetings etc.
However I have had a period of turmoil in my employment. 3 jobs in 3 years & in the last 18months we have had both elderly parents in hospital, heart problems, strokes & lung cancer. So both Karen & I have been almost full time careers trying to hold down full time jobs. Hence not had time for much else.
However we have now started to turn the corner & looking forward to the National bash next week and further meetings.
In the mean time I have been spotting increasing numbers of members in our region. So I think it is time to get some local meetings organised.
Who's up for that? Suggestions of locations and activities welcome and if there are any new members in the Lincoln area who would like to meet up with us & perhaps even help organise a get together please contact me. I live in North Hykeham & actually there are at least 4 Bongos around here that I see regularly. I'm personally into kite flying, fishing, Love BBQ's & camping etc. So perhaps a beach side meet for activities & BBQ or something like that.
I know that there are a small number that meet often at Rutland water, anyone interested in making that a regular meeting place say first Sunday ever other month type of thing? Orr any other similar location?
Ideas please, and let’s get our regional meets going.

Look forward to responses.

Cheers Richard & Karen
Windy-Watson
2001 V6 Tin Top
Cab-ova pete
Bongolier

Re: Future meeting.

Post by Cab-ova pete » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:01 pm

Yes windy, I'm definitely up for that :D and sorry to hear that life is putting you both to the test :( I hope things turn around for you both, I'm not far from you but I don't think I'm one of the bongos you see, i go through lincs every week but in my work van. We sometimes camp over at bleasby, do you know it? Look forward to meeting up :D
Peter
windywatson
Tribal Elder

Post by windywatson » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi Pete,

Quick response, are you going to the National bash next week at all?

Any other midlands memebers near lincoln going to the Bash.

Cheers
Windy-Watson
2001 V6 Tin Top
Rapidair65
Bongolier

Post by Rapidair65 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:48 pm

We are going, wednesday to sunday. Look out for an 'R' plate green and silver V6 with a country road awning and three Cavalier King Charles Spaniels!
Andrea and Selwyn Smith.
1998 green and silver V6 called 'Blossom'
2004 white 2 litre tin top called Buzz.
the1andonly
Tribal Elder

Post by the1andonly » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Windy
glad to hear you're back.
Another Rutland meet, nice idea.
Cost sensitive weekends or day meets on the East coast eg Mablethorpe also welcome.
Cab-ova pete
Bongolier

Post by Cab-ova pete » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi windy, yeh I am only going as a day visit! I have other commitments hat weekend :( that's why I'm glad you are planning a Midlands meet :D I've seen quite a few bongos my side of the borough but not met any of them?
Cab-ova pete
Bongolier

Post by Cab-ova pete » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Richard I'm sure we have spoke before?

Return to “East Midlands”