Anything South East

To celebrate 10 years since the formation of the Bongo Fury owners club, Sunday 24th February 2013 has been designated as National Bongo Day. What we have in mind is a series of events in various locations across the UK & Ireland where Bongonauts can get to meet each other and perhaps have a Sunday lunch.

Moderator: Ian

gordonzola
Apprentice Bongonaut

Anything South East

Post by gordonzola » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:46 pm

We're in Tunbridge Wells and I seem to have seen hundreds of Bongos since we bought ours last year. Would love to hook up for an afternoon with fellow Bongolians to share tips & a coffee etc!
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Anything South East

Post by Ian » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Henfold Lakes near Dorking was suggested, but there wasn't much of a response. See this thread

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 75&t=57946
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
MrColobus
Junior Bongonaut

Post by MrColobus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:24 pm

gordonzola wrote:We're in Tunbridge Wells and I seem to have seen hundreds of Bongos since we bought ours last year. Would love to hook up for an afternoon with fellow Bongolians to share tips & a coffee etc!
We're in Rochester so not far from you. Doesn't seem to be much happening in the South East so we're going to the New Forest Bongo Day meet. Hope to see you there, or if not meet up some other time. :-D
TerryG
Bongolier

Post by TerryG » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:11 pm

[quote="gordonzola"]We're in Tunbridge Wells

And so are we! Well, Brenchley anyhow, which is only a few miles. Would be happy to hook up for a chat sometime -Nat Bongo Day if not before.We'll mail you later if that's OK.
Cheers
Terry & Jan
'Enjoy every sandwich'
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Would there be any interest in a Pub lunch along the A259 East Sussex, thinking specifically of "The Smugglers Rest" at Peachaven, they have a couple of tables for 6 still spare tonight;
Pub website: http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thesmugglersrestpeacehaven/
Google Maps: http://goo.gl/maps/NhLbm
We would need to be quick as they do get busy on a Sunday, responses in the next few days or we will be heading down to the New Forest!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
I_am_Chappu
Junior Bongonaut

Post by I_am_Chappu » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:25 am

Would have been interested but we're already going to the New Forest meet...hopefully may see you there if you head on down?!
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Well no takers, so I think we will call that a No then ;-)
We will be down in the New Forest, provided we get the Van back, still in the garage but they are just replacing the cam belt after having cleaned up all the oil and replacing the seals cam seals etc.! No water pump needed, so should be back on the road Monday/Tuesday, time to give it run before heading down to Hampshire!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13”