Kingsbridge weekend meet - Devon & Cornwall

To celebrate 10 years since the formation of the Bongo Fury owners club, Sunday 24th February 2013 has been designated as National Bongo Day. What we have in mind is a series of events in various locations across the UK & Ireland where Bongonauts can get to meet each other and perhaps have a Sunday lunch.

Moderator: Ian

the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Kingsbridge weekend meet - Devon & Cornwall

Post by the janner vanner » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi folks, here’s the info you have been waiting for with ref to the Meet at Kingsbridge on the 22,23 and 24th of this month. We have been to Island Lodge Caravan and Camping Site, at Stumpy Post Cross, Kingsbridge. The owner ‘s name is Kay [Pixie} Parker
There are 16 hard standing pitches which we can use, she dos’nt want any vehicles on the grass because it’s sodden. However, she did say if it dried out there would be no problem. It’s an elevated site so I would guess that it would drain well.

Roseanne checked out the shower and toilets and reported that they are very clean and is quite new.
The cost is £25 is for the two nights with no extra charge for children and/ or dogs. This Special Offer is only if you book in advance and pay up. The owner has suggested that you should book direct to the camp site, tell her that you are part of the Bongo group so as we will all be together. There is no rush to leave on Sunday so long as it’s before dusk.

Her contact details are Tel:01548 852956, or email at [email protected]

We looked around a few eating houses with the intent that we shall eat out on Saturday evening and we found that the Seven Stars on Mill Street to be clean and has a car park. They also have a special offer of £20 for two mains courses, starter or dessert and a bottle of wine or two large drinks. Plus kids eat free. Food served all day every day

Could you please contact me by PM or phone if you are going, as I will need numbers to book.

Thanks Dave
The Janner Vanner
Freewheeler
Bongonaut

Re: Kingsbridge week end meet

Post by Freewheeler » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Have booked today :)
Paul*
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Paul* » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 pm

PM sent Dave
Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Post by Chris&Gem » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:41 pm

bummer, already booked up that weekend, still trying to visit Dave. Sure to will happen sooner or later. :wink:
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:24 am

Hi Chris, so sorry you can't make this one, I was a bit lazy in orginising this one, should have done it last year. I'm sure our paths will cross soon. Southern Softies perhaps.

Dave
The Janner Vanner
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:47 am

i going to nip down sat and say hi dave
take it easy drive a bongo
alan
Supreme Being

Re: Kingsbridge weekend meet - Devon & Cornwall

Post by alan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 pm

well it was nice to see you all down there even if it was a flying vist.
take it easy drive a bongo
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Re: Kingsbridge weekend meet - Devon & Cornwall

Post by Alison01326 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:03 am

Really sorry we missed out on this. Having only got our internet back yesterday didn't help, but we were in Peterborough for half term and it would have been too quick a turnaround to come back up to Kingsbridge :(

Nevermind, hope we'll catch up with everyone soon.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)

Return to “National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13”