National Bongo Day

To celebrate 10 years since the formation of the Bongo Fury owners club, Sunday 24th February 2013 has been designated as National Bongo Day. What we have in mind is a series of events in various locations across the UK & Ireland where Bongonauts can get to meet each other and perhaps have a Sunday lunch.

Moderator: Ian

Rebiam
Bongolier

National Bongo Day

Post by Rebiam » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi all - very keen to attend my first meet but this falls on the last day of half term and we will be travelling back to London from a week in (sunny) Cornwall (St Just). Are there any venues planned along my route - A30 - A303 - M3? If not can anyone suggest and /or fancy meeting up along the way for lunch and a chat?
'98 Green over Silver 4WD AFT

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Bob
Supreme Being

Re: National Bongo Day

Post by Bob » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:58 pm

The New Forrest Meet isn't so very far off route, and it looks like a fun crowd going. :D
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:46 am

The New Forest Meet will in the Fawly/Lepe/Hythe area. We are still sorting out a final venue, but as we have the world class expert on New Forest pubs in Crazy Granpa Gravy, we will certainly end somewhere worth finding. :D =D>

We might be too far south for you, as to get there you will need to take the A35 from Honiton along to Dorchester and then to the M27 and along the waterside. Going back is through Southampton to the end of the M3, . Not sure if anything is planned closer to the A303.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Rebiam
Bongolier

Post by Rebiam » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:37 am

.................as if a few extra miles in the Bongo is a hardship :D :D

Hythe area sounds good and we are SW London so M3 from Southampton is easy. I will keep an eye out for details. If there is a SW meet as well I may even try two on the same day.
'98 Green over Silver 4WD AFT

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Mtman
Junior Bongonaut

Surrey member

Post by Mtman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi I'm in Surrey Walton on Thames and keen to use my Bongo more this year, so happy to meet up anytime, I've only had it less than a yr and its' not getting out much. Keen on motor racing so we have been to le Mans and Spa last y, plus the West Country and new forest etc.

Return to “National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13”